cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Network Coverage & Ripped OFF

Journeyman

Horrible Network Coverage & Ripped OFF

I have been a customer of Sprint for the last almost 11 years.  In this time I have noticed a serious decline in network coverage. 

I have called in repeatedly over the last year about service issues, network coverage and my plan.

I called in early August to again discuss a network problem.  My husand was in the adirondaks in NY and had ZERO coverage.  Zip, nada, nothing.  Are you kidding me.  His fellow campers had Verizon and AT & T and had full service.  Now, one would think that there would not be an issue as his friends had service if  a call needed to be made. Well, first. THIS is not the point.  Secondly, they were not together 24/7. 

I was told the nearest tower was 5 miles away and he should have service. Well he didn't.  I was told he should piggyback off a verizon tower but he couldn't because he used all the "FREE ROAM" which we had not clue had a limit on it (nice time to find out).  The only solution that could be done to get him some kind of signal in case of an emergency was to change my plan (had a grandfathered plan that I really didn't want to get rid of, but what could I do, wasn't leaving him with zero signal).  The representative noted all the times we had called to complain about lack of service offered me a "settlement" plan and told me I would STILL get my $40 ($20 per line) loyalty credit and I would still have my company discount honored (15%).  I asked her to confirm this information 3 separate times, knowing and having been advised that the call was being recorded.  She all 3 times confirmed my new bill would be just about $90 for both lines due to my discounts and the "settlement" plan she was putting me on.  My husband would be able to power off his phone for 5 minutes, turn it on and have 1 GB of FREE ROAM again.  Ok, this solved the issue of emergencies in case he needed it and it finally reduced my bill from $170 for 2 lines. 

Well, nope, didn't work that way.  I could NOT have the loyalty discount OR my company discount on this new plan.  I called in to ask about my bill in October since I had not yet seen a reduction.  This is when I was told this.  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?  The rep apologized that I was told incorrect information and offered a ONE-TIME $40 credit.  So instead of having two phone lines with horrible network coverage at $170 a month, I know have two phone lines with the SAME HORRIBLE network coverage for $160 a month.  $10 is a joke!!!!  This is how you solve your issues Sprint? The call was recorded I asked for it to be played back and honored.  I don't care if it wasn't the "norm" it is what was promised to me, not once, not twice, but three times in the same call.  Sprint needs to stand behind their operator's errors.  If she was wrong, that is not my fault.  Suck it up and give me the lower bill I was promised.  
I am stuck making 9 more payments on these 2 phones until I can leave and go somewhere else and Sprint knows it so why would they bother to satisfy a long-standing customer?

Not sure how much you pay the old Verizon "Can you hear me now?" guy to lie and say that you are only 1% less network coverage than Verizon but it is a lie.  I have 2 expensive FB and game machines that hardly ever works when I need them to as a phone.  This is a joke!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Horrible Network Coverage & Ripped OFF

are you needing an agent to look into this? if so they will need some locations..starting with the area he's having issues getting signal..zip code and preferably cross streets so they can look at specific towers and work out from there.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your response.

I called multiple times over the last year and half; provided locations and cross streets.
No resolution.

GrandMaster

that means zip in here..all you are in here is a screen name..the agents have zero to work with aside from that. even though your name in here is linked to your account the agents do not have full access to any of your info or notes..so most of this you must provide to them..anything additional needed (personal account info to look at the notes in there etc)will be requested via private message by the agent that pops in here. the agents in here are a bit higher tier than the call in agents.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have done Instant Messenger assistance through web chat, call in to customer service, call in to technical services, had managers brought on.  Nothing. 

When I did finally get someone to help me and I thought at least could provide me with a lower bill for crappy service SPRINT won't even stand behind what was offered to me. 

Community Manager

If you decide you want assistance, please feel free to start a discussion in the appropriate forum. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.