cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Michigan Network Outage

Journeyman

Mid Michigan Network Outage

Anybody in Michigan ready to go back to a rotary phone?  Network down (or severely impaired) since last week in Ingham County, 48827 (south of Lansing, MI). I can't make or receive phone calls, and am roaming about 99% of the time at home so data and ability to send/receive messages or hop on the web from my phone is pretty much useless.  Would try to use home internet, but we have a Sprint hotspot....When I tried calling customer service, I got an auto greeting that said "Hello, and welcome to Verizon Wireless customer support"....???  I would like to know what the exact issue is in my area, what Sprint is doing to fix it (or Verizon for that matter if Sprint is leasing Verizon facilities or using Verizon transport services), how long I will be without service, and how Sprint plans to refund or credit the amount I'm paying during this outage.  Please skip the 'we're looking into it' bit, I'm a little more knowledgeable than the average customer.  Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Mid Michigan Network Outage

Hello ljb1624.

Thank you so much for your patience. We know how important it is to have reliable service at all time. We apologized for any impasse this may have caused you. We had an a outage affecting 66% reduction in internet tonnage. The cause of this incident is under investigation. When did you start having issues? Are you still having issues now? The outage started 07/10/2017 12:25 PM CT and was repaired on 07/10/2017 1:05 PM CT.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Juan,

As of today (July 31, 2017) our network/service issue is still not fixed.  We used to have "so-so" service at our house, but since the outage a few weeks ago, it has become nearly useless, regardless of whether I'm in the house or if I go outside to make a call/use data.  98% of the time we're in the house our phones show that they're roaming.  My nephew who doesn't live with us, but has Sprint service, experiences the same thing when he comes to our house to visit, and a friend who lives less than two miles away from us who has Sprint service says the same thing.  It's almost impossible to do anything web-related, open apps, download, etc., and if we want to make/receive phone calls, we have to go walk around outside our house.  Is there a manager or other higher authority in your Technical Department or Legal Department that I can chat with about this issue?  Thanks

Sprint Social Care

Hi. Sorry to read that you are continuing having this issue with the surrounding area in Michigan. Let us take a closer look into this issue. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have had the same exact problem for about a month now in the Ann Arbor area.   My service is really spotty and weak .  I have trouble being able to just receive text messages.  I have restarted my phone multiple times.  I have updated both my PRL and profile multiple times also.  Each time it seems like my phone will connect for a couple minutes and then my service disappears again.  I am really disappointed with service I pay for especially when the area i am in is supposed to be have LTE Plus coverage.  I am looking forward to next October when I can find a new cell phone provider. 

Sprint Social Care

Good morning fordyfordo44.

That is definitely not the way we want our customer to feel. We have bee having some issues in that area but have alerted our network team about this issue, so they can take the necessary steps to resolve it as quickly as possible. We truly apologize for the inconveniences this may cause you, and appreciate your patience during this time.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.