cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly no data near Flint, MI for the last week

Journeyman

Nearly no data near Flint, MI for the last week

Hello,

So I was having a hard time doing anything internet related with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ last week. Browser, Play Store, Speedtest all would usually time out.  I'd go into airplane mode and then back out of it and it would sometimes connect fine but the problems would arise again within minutes.

I thought something on my phone was the problem so I did a complete restore to factory defaults wipe.

But no, the same issue.

I talked to others at work using Sprint also and they all say the same thing since last week they have a very tough time getting internet related apps to do anything.

This was only at work where I've been using Sprint just fine for years.  At home, my data with my wifi turned off is blisteringly fast and stable.

So, I work at  W Bristol Rd, Flint, MI 48550 and this is where the problem occurs.

I tried to call customer support for half an hour at work but the CS worker just wasn't understanding what I was saying and kept wanting to put in a ticket for problems at my home address instead of my work address and I gave up.

Now that I've talked to many people at work with the same issue they keep asking me for updates on our problem.  So...Help?

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: Nearly no data near Flint, MI for the last week

crodley, thanks for contacting us. We're happy to help troubleshoot with you, is this affecting the data services while indoors only or both indoors and outdoors around that area?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Both indoors and outdoors is my sense, I leave for work in about an hour I can test it more thoroughly later today.
Journeyman

Yes, the problem exists both indoors and out.  It's funny how many people at work now come up to me and ask if the Sprint signal is going to be fixed as if I'm their representative.  Being good at technology has me a "popular" person at work.

I've asked how many other people have contacted Sprint about the issue and nobody has.  They just assume others will speak up and it will get fixed.

Man Happy

Hopefully, someone here can check into the problems and see what's up.

Journeyman

Thanks for reaching back crodley. Just to confirm, are voice calls and text messages working properly? Is your phone showing LTE, 3G or no service?

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

2017-09-15 22.15.23.gifSprint ProblemsHere's a gif of me trying to get a read for the problems using Speedtest.net  As you can see it shows LTE and the signal bars are fine.

Calls are working fine, texts are delayed a bit sometimes.

Sprint Social Care

crodley,

Thank you for the information. I would like to take a closer look into this, please respond to the private message I've sent you for further assistance.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is the body of the private message I received:

Hi! My name is Kryshna, I am part of the Sprint Social Care Team and I would like to take a look to your account regarding this matter. Please provide me the phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account for further assistance.

There is no way am I giving out that information to a person on a forum.  Also, is there a problem with that tower or not?  With SO many other people complaining about their data speeds here and amongst my other family members on my 6 person family plan, I'm strongly leaning toward switching providers.

I don't wish to take this private at all as I'm a firm proponent of doing all steps publically so others can benefit from the success or failure of this thread.

GrandMaster

you do understand that the agent requesting your private info is the same method used on every other carrier when they are looking into a customers issues right? they dont just up and have your info..all they know is you are a customer and that your site name is crodley..other than that they know zip about you or your location. if this method doesnt work for you you your options are calling in or physically going into a store to see if they might know what is going on with the network around you.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I do understand, and thanks for the input.  The main question I had was is there something wrong with that tower.  I think that's a simple enough question.  I haven't heard anything relating to that at all.

Sprint Social Care

crodley,

You can visit this link http://sprint.co/2vTQVhb in order for you to see all the guidelines and rules of our Sprint Community.

I will need to access the account to verify everything is correct and to help with any further troubleshooting steps to take, or if you prefer, as @fireguy_6364 state, you can call directly our customer service department in order for them to provide you with further assistance.

Regarding your question, I was able to see the closest towers in the area, there's not reported service alerts for the moment.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Master

Keep in mind, the Sprint reps on the forum all have the Sprint_ in front of their names, the Sprint Shield badge and the Sprint Social Care icon next to their names to indicate who they are. You can also find a list of these individuals at the following for verification if your unsure about a person, Link to Community agents

These individuals also have allot higher access to the networks and systems then the individuals you will talk to on the phone or in the stores. So I can understand why you didn't get the help you were looking for at those prior attempts.

While I agree with public conversations, in allot of cases, people who may not be as security weary as you are can inadvertently post private information on the public forum. So as a rule, they tend to want to take the messages private to avoid that. They aren't trying to hide anything, they just want to avoid it happening even accidentally.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.