Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR customer service .

Highlighted
Journeyman

POOR customer service .

Hello ~

I have been a Sprint Customer for 2+ years and, for the most part, pretty pleased.  I moved January 13, 2017 and even though I live IN a city (not outside city limits, not in the country not in a sparsley populated area - WITHIN the city; 1.5 miles from the closest Sprint tower).  I cannot make a phone call in my home.   I have to use Skype (a different number) to make any calls.  Having children in the home and not being able to call 911 - kind of a problem. 

I pay a visit to the Sprint store in Greleey (January).  The gal there updates my phone and then recommends an AirRave.  I ask about the AirRave and she informs me that the stores can't order them but to call the customer service number on the website.  I call Sprint customer support and after about 10 minutes of being passed around, I get a very nice gentleman in Advance Tech Support in Oklamhoma City who instructs me to enable Sprint WiFi on my phone.  I hang up happy thinking if Skype works, then Sprint Wifi should work - problem solved.

After a few weeks, it's obvious Sprint Wifi is not working.  Calls are choppy and keep dropping.  Before someone says "it must be your internet connection, router or Wifi", I would like to remind you that Skype works swimmingly.  SO it's not on my end.  It could be my iphone 5 but i have no way of proving that.  So back to the Sprint store I go.  Nice young man updates my phone again and recommends an AirRave that he cannot order for  me and to call the Sprint 1800 number. 

I pull up the Sprint Website with the AirRave info.  I call the 1-800 number on Monday, Mar 6, 2017.  I get a very nice gal who is very confused at my request and it becomes obvious that although she speaks fantastic english, she's based in another country and limited to whatever script pops up on her computer screen.  She manages to order me an AirRave and says that once her supervisor "approves" the request, I will get an text confirmation that it has been ordered later that afternoon. 

Fast forward to Friday, March 10th.  I never received a text notification regarding my ordered AirRave.  I call Sprint.  Again.  Via SKype.  Because I can't make a call in my house.  Even after paying $130/mo to Sprint.  Anyways......After 4 minutes and 2 seconds (I timed it) of pushing buttons, I FINALLY speak to a human.  In another country (but super nice and pretty good english).  She looks up my info - no record of an AirRave being ordered.  She passed me to "Equipment Orders guy", who again, is super nice but can't find any record of my order.  He asks for my SSN to search other databases.  Um no.  Order me ANOTHER AirRave.  Please.  "Oh I'm sorry - I can't order it for you, blah, blah, blah,...let me pass you to the customer service people.  It' s now been 32 minutes on the phone. 

I get Customer Service Order lady.  She now tells me I need to either order online (which you can't) or go to a SPRINT store.  Which the Sprint store peeps say I have to call customer service lady.  She passed me YET TO ANOTHER person and which time I get disconnected.  42 minutes on the phone on a friday night - no proof of order and I get disconnected.  Awesome.

I drive to the Sprint store.  I am now convinced that the only thing the employees at a Sprint Store can do is hold up the counter, update your phone by typing in the super secret code and sell plans.  Nothing else.  I walk in, already frustrated, and tell the guy my issue.  He (no kidding) says he can't call Sprint for an AirRave.  I have to.  He did not offer to do it on my behalf.  He did not offer to contact some Super Sprint Supervisor to help me.  Nothing.  So I call Sprint.  Again.  But at least now I can use my own phone because the Sprint store has cell service.  Mr. Sprint Store guy never looks up from his phone.

After another 30  minutes on the phone, I fnally get a lady who can order an AirRave.  I again have to answer a bunch of questions to prove that I can't receive phone calls in my home (because I had nothing better to do on a Friday night than to drag my kids to a Sprint store, after 40+ minutes on the phone at home, to try and con Sprint out of some imaginary equipment that they can't even order for me anyways).  She says EXACTLY what the lady on Monday, March 6th said "once my supervisor approves it, you will get a confirmation text or email".   I demand the confirmation now.  She says it will be a MINIMUM of 30 minutes.    It is 2017.  If I book a hotel room, plane tickets, a doctors appointment, order something from Amazon - I get a confirmation number IMMEDIATELY.  Heck - I get a confirmation number from the DMV when I walk in to register my plates.  How can Sprint not have this figured out?

After putting me on hold for another 15 minutes, she finally transfers me to Advance Tech Support - in Oklahoma City.  I get a nice lady who is trying to calm down a now IRATE customer.  After a few more questions, she realized that I don't need an AirRave but some Wifi booster thing.  Thanks Sprint for not figuring this out BEFORE all these phone calls.  So the new nice lady orders me the Wifi Booster Thing (keep in mind, the previous customer service lady claims to have already ordered an AirRave but couldn't get me a confirmation number).  Lo and Behold - she can't give me a confirmation number, either.  I'm starting to figure out the bigger picture.  No wonder I can't make calls in my house - this company can't figure out confirmation numbers.   She offers to call me everyday at 5pm my time (which is great as long as I'm not home) to give me a status update.

Fast Forward to Monday, March 13:  still no confirmation email/text for the second  AirRave or the Wifi Booster Thing that was supposeldy ordered Friday night.  .  BUT - Oklahom City lady did  call and leave a message (I was home so I didn't get the call) to confirm that NOPE - I still don't have confirmation that any equipment has been ordered for me.  She's going to call back on Wednesday. 

So here is what I have:  a plan with Sprint that costs me $130/month that works great as long as I'm not at home.   Still using good ol Skype (and paying for a number with them) so I can call.   Of note - I travel overseas a lot.  I have used my Sprint phone and plan to call from Amman, Jordan with no issues.  I can call from the middle freaking east but not from my home in the USA. 

I have no equipment despite two AirRaves being ordered as well as a WiFi booster thing.  No proof that I even spoke to anyone at Sprint. 

I have no faith that Sprint will make this right or that I will have equipment showing up anytime soon, so I am unfortuantely activley looking for a new cell provider. 

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: POOR customer service .

is your phone by chance a 5c or 5s? unless something has changed the iphone 5 is unable to use wifi calling. im currently looking for the direct number to Airave support.. they are the ones you should be in contact with.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Tags (2)
Journeyman

It s a 5s, which I thought would be the problem  It does work with Skype just fine. 

Thanks for answering - I have yet to hear anything from Sprint and still no confimration on my AirRave. 

GrandMaster

no worries. i used to have a bookmark to the Airave area but the one i have is old and the number on it is no longer correct. still digging for the new number.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hey sspatrick, let's take a look at your account and see what's the status of the Airave. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I completely understand. I have been a Sprint customer for 16 years and as of late, their customer service is absolutely horrible. I have poor service in my area and they keep telling me that the signal is very strong and the problem may be that the tower is too close. What did they do to eradicate the problem? Nothing. They told me that I'd have to purchase a device and pay for the extra service. Additionally, I have tried to get an extension to pay my bill ( have half of the bill but not all) and they treat me like I am hundreds of dollars behind on my bill. My total bill is $236 and I have half to pay and can pay the rest next week and they are completely uncooperative. There have been a few occasions when they have overcharged me and had to issue me a refund to my personal account but I remained courteous each time. I am completely unable to chat, reach a live person or set-up an arrangement through the automated system. They will not talk to you until you pay your money. I am soo hurt and disappointed. After being given the runaround for two days, I have decided I should move to another service provider. They are disgusting to me. It's disheartening that you can be a loyal customer for this long and your provider be this cold.  

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.