Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal and data speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor signal and data speeds

I've been experiencing poor signal and data speeds for a few weeks now at my home. This is the place I tend to use my phone the most and I need to get my service at least back to normal. Closest cross street Paine Run Rd. and Trayfoot Rd., VA, 24441
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

There's three other people at my residence experiencing the same issue. We were averaging 2-3 LTE about a month ago but now we're barely even getting 3G. This is making our phones almost unusable. Is there a solution to this issue that someone can address?
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue in Pennsylvania.  Sprint insists there is nothing wrong with their network.  They even had me send my new phone back to Samsung for diagnostic/repair.  Was two weeks without a phone just to have Samsung tell me there is nothing wrong with the phone.  According to Sprint we have LTE in this area.  The best my phone will get is 2 bars on 3G unless I'm standing under their tower.  Looking for a new carrier because I can't do anything with Sprint for $80/month.

Highlighted

add in a zip code and the closest cross streets so an agent can take a look at your area for known issues or hopefully some notes on what might be going on.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I've given cross streets to a couple different agents on here.  They tell me there are no issues.  Even claim to have sent technicians out to the towers to check.  According to the local Sprint store, they are correct.  There are no issues, Sprint just sucks!  The guy at the store has AT&T.  That's got to tell you something when the guy selling service won't use it.  The biggest complaint the store gets is no data connections.

Highlighted

do you happen to know if the towers out in your neck of the woods are owned by Ntelos?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Don't recall ever hearing that name.  Looking at their website it looks like they covered WV, VA, and a small section of southern PA.  I'm in the very NW corner of PA so I'm guessing probably not Ntelos.

Highlighted

There are both ntelos and sprint towers around my area. Some even right next to each other
Highlighted

Sprint is on quite a few of the Ntelos towers..which is in some cases bad since they wouldnt allow anyone but their own people touch the towers to upgrade them..if they were even going to allow it..which is why many of the areas out your direction have had nothing but bum luck when it came to tower upgrades etc...there have been some changes with this if im remembering right but with the huge delay compared to the deployment its like starting a race half way through..you have one heck of a ways to go to try and catch back up...
Highlighted

My plan has always been with sprint but the three other at my residence where through ntelos 2 of them switched over to sprint about a year ago 1 just switch over just a few days ago but we all are experiencing the same issue. About a month ago our service dropped dramatically down to barely even getting 3G. Before hand we where getting at the least a decent LTE reception. Why should I continue paying for an unlimited plan when I can't even use it anymore??
Highlighted

hrm..are the signals on your phones showing as if you should have signal but its just not happening when you actually try to use it? give me a sec to dig back through this thread and do some reading.
Highlighted

Honestly it's so hit or miss and the signal fluctuates so much anymore it's hard to tell. It's used to be so consistent now it's just all over the place. Sometimes I can use but most of the time I can't
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.