cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception in Davis, California

Journeyman

Reception in Davis, California

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Davis, California in a week. I've visited recently and I had trouble holding a call and, from my occassional checking, I remember reception being -105 dB to -122 dB.

Is this abnormal for the area? Has Sprint simply not expanded into this college town?

I'm concerned that I'm going to have to switch from Sprint (which I don't want to do because I've been a customer for over a decade).

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

Re: Reception in Davis, California

Do you have a couple cross streets near that area so a Rep can look it up and see what tower(s) service that location? If possible, provide the zipcode as well so they don't have to look that up. It'll speed up the checking into.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Here are a couple intersections where I remember issues.

Lillard Drive & Evans Court (95618)
C Street & 3rd Street (95616)
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the notice! We have reviewed the area and everything seems to be working fine. Did you try any troubleshooting steps while you were there?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm glad to hear that everything is working as it should. I didn't try any troubleshooting while I was there-- I just resorted to using using my work phone which is with a different carrier.

Could you link me to these troubleshooting steps so I could try them when I return next week?
Sprint Social Care

We sure can, what's the make and model of your device?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Apple iPhone 6s. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello 949EEPOK.  Here are some troubleshooting steps that can help you  resolve the issues related to data connectivity. http://sprint.co/28Zsinl

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Update: I've been in Davis for two weeks. My iPhone 6s shows -100 to -114 dB for reception throughout most of the city. LTE almost everywhere. It's sufficient.

Maybe the potential merger with T-Mobile will improve that further. 😉

GrandMaster

that dB is still usable but not the greatest. did you pull that in a specific location? if so repost that zip and closest cross streets and the agent can take a closer look..that tower might be just on the edge of covering you or might have an issue that has yet to be reported.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Here are some quick measurements from today.

Evans & Concord in zip 95618 -114dB

Hutchison & Dairy in zip 95616 -118dB

I'll make note and post more throughout the day.

GrandMaster

roughly how many miles between those two zip codes and the locations?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.