cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update

Journeyman

Software update

Just saw another update for this Iphone that I cant do unless connected to WIFI. Why is it for IPhones it needs WIFI to update what’s wrong with cellular coverage. What are those of us who dont have WIFI supposed to do?

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Re: Software update

@CHASPAT07 wrote:

Just saw another update for this Iphone that I cant do unless connected to WIFI. Why is it for IPhones it needs WIFI to update what’s wrong with cellular coverage. What are those of us who dont have WIFI supposed to do?

Hmmm, i`ve seen this with some handsets i`ve owned (all were on Sprint, and i did have wifi too), gotta wonder if the update is just big enough that it needs to be done on wifi instead of cellullar (think too big for cellullar due to the size of the update, would take longer on cellullar than on wifi) or it`s such that doing it on the cell network would use up bandwith, and likely you have more bandwith on your wifi connection.  Just guessing, but from what i`m getting that`s what i`m thinkin`.  TK241

GrandMaster

Re: Software update

not to mention the risk of trying to download a large file and possibly getting a bunk signal part way through due to switching towers etc.

personally i try to do all device updates over wifi so there are less chances of it loading wrong.

you can also check your settings and see if there is a setting in there that only allows larger updates to be done over wifi.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.