Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Coverage Map shows Extended Coverage, but phone says Roaming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Coverage Map shows Extended Coverage, but phone says Roaming?

I live in a somewhat rural area, so I made sure to double check Sprint's coverage map before deciding to sign on with them. Looking at their map (by town, zipcode, address, even intersection), it showed that we were in an Extended Coverage area; however, my phone says that I am roaming. We have an unlimited plan, but I don't want my data to end up being suspended for roaming too much when the map clearly states I'm in an extended coverage area. Any clue as to why there is a discrepancy?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint Coverage Map shows Extended Coverage, but phone says Roaming?

Hello andrewbohanan89,

Extended Coverage and Extended LTE are coverage on partner networks, but usage is included in your Sprint plan. While accessing service on Extended Coverage and Extended LTE partner coverage, usage will not accumulate towards the monthly roaming limits that may apply based on your plan, and will simply be pulled from your plan use. Your device will indicate that you are not on the Sprint network, but while in Extended Coverage and Extended LTE your usage will not be limited to the roaming limits in your plan. You can click here for more details about this.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.