cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte galaxy watch note 9

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Volte galaxy watch note 9

I can't say for sure. We only have a list of current phones that are VoLTE compatible. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Zip is 22801

Howdy missmassagechic. I checked the Cities from this zip code, and VoLTE hasn't been launched in this area just yet. New Cities and States are being added almost daily. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

So is there a map of where VoLTE is currently and where it will be?  It's the 2nd half of 2019 and Sprint is out here with service features like it's 1999 and some kind of mysterious behind-the-curtain rollout plan than only a few know of.

At this time, we don't offer a map of where the service is currently. I can look up the location for you though. Testing is still happening, so the new locations haven't been released yet. As new services are released, they're discussed at www.sprint.com/newsroom

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I think before we even get there, is the Note 9 on Sprint's plan to support VoLTE?

And as for your zip question: I travel quite a bit so a map is more relevant than a zip code.

The Note 9 isn't one of the devices that come pre-programmed with VoLTE capabilities. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

But the Note 9 does support VoLTE.  Let me try asking differently:

Does Sprint intend to enable VoLTE on the Note 9?  If yes, when?

When it's released in the area that you're in.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I dont know what is worse, not having volte on a phone that should, or continuing to get cryptic answers as to if and when.  We ask these questions so that we can be better informed of future decisions i.e. whether to upgrade the device or leave Sprint altogether.  I can only imagine the issues to come with 5g.  I cant see myself buying a note 10 5g only to find that sprint wont enable 5g in my area for a few years. 

Journeyman

It's maddening all the way around.  VoLTE isn't new - except to Sprint.  And you're right: the reason I ask isn't to grill Sprint but it's more about planning.  Absent any real detail, all that we can do is infer that since there's always cryptic messaging, that they have a very slow rollout plan. 

Actual, tangible detail around what's really a non-competitive service (ie - not 5G, VoLTE isn't exactly wet behind the ears new) would be helpful.  But we never get that.

GrandMaster

hate to say it and doubt many will listen but even if the agents knew when a update was going to be released they can not talk about it until its been publicly announced..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.