Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte galaxy watch note 9

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Volte galaxy watch note 9

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

hate to say it and doubt many will listen but even if the agents knew when a update was going to be released they can not talk about it until its been publicly announced..

I understand that.  The problem isn't with the agents - they only know what they know - it is about the lack of info and transparency.  This is VoLTE we're talking about.  This isn't about a strategic competitive service like 5G.  Getting VoLTE established - meaning having a plan with cities / areas, dates, and devices - finally puts Sprint on par with their competitors.  So why not share the plan?  How is it in Sprint's best interest to keep things so mysterious?  How is it beneficial to Sprint's customers to keep this hidden - - unless Sprint has something to hide?

Honestly: If they're waiting for the merger to complete, they should just say so.  But the continued lack of meaningful info is indeed telling.

Community Manager

VoLTE, for the most part, should be launched by the end of summer.  No, I don't have an exact date, but keep in mind it is not something you can flip on willy nilly.  Flip it on and 911 don't work, then it's drama, lawsuit, etc. Currently, it is soft launched (see what I said Legal Department) in about 50 markets.  Once it goes nationwide launch, recent flagship devices (looking at Note 9) will be VoLTE capable.

Journeyman

Thank you.  That is sort of the kind of answer that we we're looking for.  It helps me decide to keep the note 9 for a few years until 5g is rolling.  Exact date would be nice, but I understand that isnt possible.  I hope not to have another conversation about this in the fall.

Thanks again Em

GrandMaster

dunno...how was Verizons VoLTE launch handled info wise?...the same exact way its being handled here....no info given until they are ready to publicly announce it..until then no info or vague info (the vague info is usually on the agent/mod/admin etc to try and give a bit of info without you know..losing their job)

@JRCRISTOFONO197 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

hate to say it and doubt many will listen but even if the agents knew when a update was going to be released they can not talk about it until its been publicly announced..

I understand that.  The problem isn't with the agents - they only know what they know - it is about the lack of info and transparency.  This is VoLTE we're talking about.  This isn't about a strategic competitive service like 5G.  Getting VoLTE established - meaning having a plan with cities / areas, dates, and devices - finally puts Sprint on par with their competitors.  So why not share the plan?  How is it in Sprint's best interest to keep things so mysterious?  How is it beneficial to Sprint's customers to keep this hidden - - unless Sprint has something to hide?

Honestly: If they're waiting for the merger to complete, they should just say so.  But the continued lack of meaningful info is indeed telling.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you, this is helpful!!!

Journeyman

Any update on Voice over and or Volte for Note 9. This is terrible.  Should have kept Note 3.

Hi Nel2012! We're still working with Samsung on the VoLTE update for the Galaxy Watch and the Note 9.  I do not have any other information at this time.

So, What'a the word. I just spent another 6 hours online & on the phone. Promise after promise that my watch would stand alone, now. And, nothing. I just added the "watch plan" (again!). Still doesn't work. A Saturday wasted on Sprints lies.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Kevin. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, and I'd like to assist in any way I can. Just a couple quick questions:

- Are you receiving an error code or message? 

- Did you try adding the plan before or after you pair the watch to a phone? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Cat, thank you for a reply!!!

No error message.

I added the plan after I paired the watch.

I started with watch & plan, 6 months ago. But, cancelled the plan for obvious reasons.

I just added the plan back. But, my watch has been paired with my phone since Feb.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Ok. So you were able to add the plan to your watch, is this correct? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I added the plan to my account. I am assuming it is added to my watch.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.