Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte galaxy watch note 9

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Volte galaxy watch note 9

Rico,

It's a great watch. Before I get the Note 10+ with Sprint. I want to know if it stands alone, now. That's been the issue with Sprint & the Galaxy Watch. Sprint advertised it would stand alone. But, it has yet to be able to.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Please send us a PM about the hot spot. We will look into what is going on. 

Journeyman

That is one thing I would definitely not do, is extend my contract with Sprint. Once I am out I will never go back and I worked for Sprint at one time.

Journeyman

I am hoping that if and when the merger goes through that Sprint and Tmobile will have the best 5g out there.  I really dont like Verizon even though they have better coverage around here, and At&t I had in the 1990s, and they also left a bad taste in my mouth.  The 5g is Sprint's last chance with me, and I'd expect it in my area and USABLE within about 3 years. 

On another note, it doesnt look like the Volte works with their Magic Box either...  Sigh.

Journeyman

Katey88,

Can you confirm if the Galaxy Watch will stand alone, now? When paired with the Note 10+.

~ Kevin

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for going on 15 years, now. I have never used another carrier. This Galaxy Watch issue has me ready to jump ship. I have been overall satisfied with Sprint. But, when they tricked me into getting the Galaxy Watch for myself & my daughter (a birthday present), that did me in! It was a strait up lie. Sprint has done nothing to make up for it. And, have done nothing but give me empty promises of "coming soon".

~ Kevin

Journeyman

I’m 15 or so years as well.  I remember buying the “Epic 4g phone” years ago for the 4g, and oops, it wasn’t available yet either.  That went on for a few months, then all of a sudden it worked.  I wasn’t that mad about it though, back then that phone may have cost me $50., but changing that plan lost me my usb tethering I had with the blackberry.  Hmm, deja vu?

Journeyman

I have had exactly the same experience.  I bought the Galaxy watch after specifically asking the sales person at the Sprint store if the device would be used in a stand alone capacity.  I was told that it could.  I guess my questions are these: Why are we paying for an additional line that cannot be used as such? Most services that are unable to deliver the services they are charging for have the decency to refund said charges until they can provide said services.  I have been a Sprint customer for nearly 10 years myself.  A friend of mine has the same phone I have and the same watch and all features of the watch work with Verizon.  I would not mind sticking with Sprint if they get the stand alone features up and functioning in a timely manner, but if they do not, I don't have a problem moving to a service that is able to deliver on all the services for which they are charging.  At this point, any good will or trust that Sprint had from me is gone.  So if there is to be no compensation for charges for a separate line or delivery of a working stand alone service, I am most likely done with them anyway. Get it together Sprint.  You are behind the curve and ticking more and more of your customers off on a daily basis with this.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi everyone. For the Galaxy Watch, VoLTE is required in order for the watch to work as a fully stand-alone device. VoLTE is still in a soft launch phase and has not been officially rolled out. New devices are being tested and approved for VoLTE release over time but we do not have a list or target dates for particular devices. As the VoLTE upgrades are made and the Watch testing is completed/approved, you would get a software update push enabling the capability for standalone voice.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

OldGreg,

Thank you for reply! It has been a while since someone has replied to the original thread issue, 8 months ago.

But, that is the same song & dance regurgitated to us over & over. It is helpful to know that it seems that little progress has been made. 

VoLTE is it's own embarassing issue. This thread is about that Galaxy Watch & Sprint. We all understand (too late) that VoLTE is required & an update is required after that. Again, thank you for replying! But, if you read the thread, we are all tired of the "coming soon" reply. It is sadly ridiculous that Sprint doesn't even have a "target date" for a service & is still in "soft launch phase" for a service all competitors have had for years. In 2019, would I stay with a cable company that promised me HD & didn't provide it? When all I have to do is change companies to get not only HD (which they have had for years), but the next level & higher quality HD.

Journeyman

Why do I still not have VoLTE on my note 9? I just spent an hour with a rep on chat to finally get disconnected! After him telling me it should be available zip 22801

Journeyman

It is not available on a Note 9

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.