cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of speed and coverage in upstate NY

Journeyman

lack of speed and coverage in upstate NY

I currently live in Central Illinois and have Sprint as a cell provider. Sprint is excellent here for data, 20X20 Band 41, 10X10 Band 25 and carrier aggregation on B41. Solid coverage in most areas around me. However, we are moving to Queensbury NY in 3 weeks and last week while we were there our Sprint service was horrible. Just 5 MHZ Band 25, no Band 41 in sight and the signal dropped to 3G or Extended 3G/LTE a mile away from the tower. Phone calls dropped regularly and the overall experience there is pathetic. When is Sprint going to upgrade the network in Northern NY to at least be competitive with AT&T and Verizon? T-Mobile has a better network than Sprint there and that's not saying much. I would like to get out of my contract seeing how pathetic the network is, what good is unlimited data when you barely get 3mb up and 1 mb down??? Very disappointed in Sprint in NY.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: lack of speed and coverage in upstate NY

In Upstate New York you want AT&T (first choice) or Verizon (close second). Once you get north of Poughkeepsie or Orange County, Sprint and T-Mobile become paperweights outside of villages and dense pockets. The little carriers only cover the urban-most areas up there. Just the way it has always been. That will never change. Sprint will only improve along the highways and bigger towns. Just an honest warning before you get into it with Sprint. Small-town America still relies on Verizon and AT&T. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello jamons36! Thank you for contacting us. That's not good to read. Allow us to take a closer look into the area. Please provide the closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can further assist you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The cross streets are Hyde Ct/Hudson Pointe dr 12804, also Bluebird Rd/Gansevoort Rd 12803

Sprint Social Care

We were able to review the address provided. The coverage looks good, there are no reported issues in the area. Our voice services are not that great but please, be aware that Sprint is continually working to expand the cell sites and their ability to support more areas. Major upgrades are going to be done in your market and LTE plus will be instated in the near future.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.