cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM Card Doesn't Work In Any Other iPhone

Journeyman

My SIM Card Doesn't Work In Any Other iPhone

I have an iPhone 6 that I activated my Sprint account with and in this phone the SIM card works normally. However, when I put my SIM in any other Sprint iPhone it connects to the Sprint Network and shows the signal bars but when I try to make any call I get the message :

"your account could not be validated please contact customer services 5 SWITCH 140"  and that a popup show "SIM CARD LOCKED" 

I have several different Sprint iPhone models I use for various purposes but I only have this one active SIM card.  I need to be able to put my SIM card into other Sprint iPhones and have it work.  It seems like it is restricted to only working on the original iPhone I activated my account with.  Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: My SIM Card Doesn't Work In Any Other iPhone

did you swap the phone out on that particular line? if not it must be the one on the line being used or it wont work..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, I'm not swapping out any phones. I have four different iPhones and I want to be able to move this single SIM card between the four phones.

My AT&T SIM works in any AT&T iPhone I use. Does Sprint not allow my SIM to work in any other phone except the one I have activated on my account?
Highlighted
GrandMaster

one of the agents in here will have to chime in on that one but i dont believe so. if that were the case we wouldnt need to swap out the device either online here, with an agent or call in if we had to jump back to a different old device for whatever reason.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Social Care

adamnyc31

Please know that in order to use your phone number on a specific device, a swap needs to be completed first.

The MEID of the equipment you're using and the SIM Card number, need to be active on our system.

You can easily make a swap online. Please click here for instructions on how to do so.

If you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care