cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

GrandMaster

Re: 4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

the agent can look deeper..however im a bit curious as to how much "a lot of data" would be. you might be hitting that magical number that is putting you into a heavy user status. two updates wouldnt do this..heck on average im around 10gb of usage per billing cycle..roughly...give or take.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wait, so that's a "thing"? The "heavy user" account status, even on "unlimited" data? I understand all carriers do this, but Sprint has continued to maintain the "we do not throttle" talk whenever I've contacted them before, and I hadn't seen anything about that, although I might've missed it.

I'm currently @ 2.8 gigs of mobile data used about halfway through my cycle (16 days left).
GrandMaster

every carrier will end up throttling what they would deem a "abuser". but with where you are at currently i highly doubt that is it.

which plan are you on?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Without a doubt they throttle their users. It has taken me literally 44 minutes just to sign up and write a complaint because of how ridiculous my loading speeds are atm... 33 second ping.
Journeyman

Similar issues here check out my post called "At a loss, Slow speeds no connection" Perhaps your having the same exact issues. Mine is specific to a town.
Journeyman

Has there ever been a fix for this, I'm getting the same exact issue on my LG G7 as well as anytime I go through a roaming zone, which for me with Sprint is everywhere my phone changes the time by 4 hours, the only fix I've found so far is to change network mode from automatic to cdma then poof I'm on 3g and everything works fine

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@PariahComplex, how often are you going through a roaming area?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I too have this same issue and live in the greater KC area. Independence MO to be exact. I also get rediculously slow lte speeds on my S9+ also. My other line has the same issue too. This is the worse carrier I have ever had for this area.

Hi WDSnav91! I know it is super frustrating having slow speeds and data connectivity issues. Have you noticed in Independence if there are are areas that are worse than others? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know. I just live by Noland Road in Independence MO. I am not a traveler and tend to stay in the same place.

Do you notice more during certain times of the day?

Journeyman

Not exactly. My two lines have had this issue during the night too. The data is so slow we cannot stream on it either even at midnight.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat