cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: 4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

Can you give me the nearest cross streets and zip code? I can check into the towers in your area. 

Journeyman

Sure it is 64055, S Emery St and E 37th St S in Independence MO.

Towers look good in the area. It does look like it is a heavily populated area though. Can you go into the phones, and reset the network settings?

Journeyman

I tried resetting the network settings although we have been told to do that many times already including the SCRTN too by Sprint too. This doesn't help either.
Highlighted

Send me a PM. That way I can look into the account, and see what we can do for you. 

Journeyman

Thanks for starting this thread and following up with Sprint.  I hope it was resolved. 

In my Chicago suburb, there are several locations around town where I have maximum LTE signal strength, but like you, websites load very slowly or not at all.  

I'm going to try some of the things you and Sprint discussed.  Also, I'm going to see if my phone attempting to connect to Wi-Fi could be the culprit.  These loading issues seem to occur when I'm close to stores and businesses that have public Wi-Fi.  I think there's a way to stop the S9 from attempting to connect automatically to Wi-Fi.  It's nice to have it auto-connect when I get home, but I think that ability MAY BE causing issues in certain locations.

-Allen  

You can turn off your phone automatically connecting to wifi so hopefully that helps!

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Royce St And Alcee St

Houma, Louisiana

Galaxy S9

First sprint account/phone I have owned.  Possibly the last. 

Purchased phone in Feburary of this year, i needed an Android phone, with unlimited data to use for work.  Company apps or android only and consume alot of data being on it all day long.  I was amazed at how it was. Truly.  Had ATT for going on 13 years now,  

My s9 on sprint was smoking my IphoneX on ATT as well as my wife's s8+ on Verizon    I was bragging and showing everyone speed test results on how fast my phone was trying to get people to come over to sprint. 

I chose sprint after shopping the major networks cause it had the best coverage area in my Work Area.  

I was told there would be 0 data throttling, 0 data limits, 100% satisfaction guaranteed and that they were the fastest network,  and this summer when 5g hit our area my phone would get even faster.      I was completely content with my choice.  

About a month and a half later. Data speeds came to a screeching hault.  

Beginning of April started my journey with customer care and "advanced tech support"  

countless chat sessions, countless phone calls, countless excuses.   

I'm fully aware of this issue not being just to sprint.   But to all the major networks,  but the anount of blatant lying, and complete lack of knowledge  is just completely absurd.

I have had every excuse in the book   From they dont throttle, to is my walls being to thick, to them asking if I recently hung new pictures on the walls.  Just total BS.  

I live in a manufactured home, with vinyl siding.  If I cough my neighbor's can hear.  Its not the walls.    

Thought I was having isolated events and had a bum phone for months.  Until I started researching,  seems to be nationwide.    

With my employment, I'm off 1 day a week   Fridays.  So yesterday morning I decided I wasnt stoping until I got an answer,  started my first chat session with an agent at 9:02 am.  Got off the phone with the last agent at 6:27 PM   

According to their "live feed network map" there are no issues in my area, upgraded the tower 2 months ago (same time I started slowing down)

So I should have 0 problems with my network    

Just yesterday tried everything again. 

PRL Update

Update profile

Turn off for 2 minutes  Refresh signals. Turn back on. 

New some card  

Wash, rinse, repeat  

To no avail.   

Last I hung up with a advanced agent stating they would do an exceptional upgrade to the latest phone to see if that improves my problems.  But they couldn't ship my phone to my current address that they were finally able to update.  So they had to call me back today to try again.    No call.  No one has record of that happening yesterday.  

Keep in minec. My problem is only st home, but it's where I have the worst service.     The only place around town and around my work routes that I can consistently get above 2 mb down and .2 up.  Is in the parking lot of the sprint store   3 miles away from my house.  

Even in the store,  with metal roof, and cement walls. I get 100+ down and 5-6 up.  

But at home, with asphalt roof and wooden walls.  I consistently get .2-.8 down. And if I'm lucky a blazing .01 up.  

Last trip to the sprint store this afternoon.  Either its swapped,  or they keeping it.  

I can understand dead zones, I can understand every excuse.   But I wont swallow blatant lies.    

Journeyman

Sadly still the only thing that seems to work for me is to turn off lte, then when I actually get service it works, when it was on LTE it didn't work at all, snail crawl if it even loaded, I've been through support and stores and yes they do tell you the most ridiculous things, one issue still around is in unable to send mms over WiFi unless I use a specific texting app, textra, and put in a different sprint api to override the default, new Google policies have changed what apps so I need to use an outdated version of that app, no other messaging app or the android one will work, last time at the sprint store for help the guy just got me mad, telling me things like "oh, android can't do mms only iPhone can" and "let me go on the computer and change the tower you connect through manually", sorry that's all crap, walked out of store

Good morning Supertech2131. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having such trouble. After looking into the address above I see on tower that has an open service alert. Our tower team has been notified, and deployed. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

My phone has been reset more times than anyone can fathom,  reset, refresh,  update. Sim swap the works, several times.   Probably over 75 times in the last 2 months.    So has this tower alert been going on for 2 months?   Since they upgraded the towers?     Just honestly looking for real answers.   Tired of being lied to.   

I hear ya Supertech2131. Within in a 5 mile radius of your home, there are well over 30+ towers. From what I can see, yes this tower has been having trouble for quite some time. At this time we're waiting on a part. After the part is repaired, then it will need programming, after all that, the tower should be back up and running. Sometimes these tower issues are supper simple to fix, and other, like this one, are a smidge more complex.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat