Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

Journeyman

Re: 4 bars LTE - NO DATA - S9

After trying this again. 1.2 download and .02 up.   Still no changes      

Journeyman

I'm sorry I feel like it's just another lie.      It's not just at home.  Its everywhere here.   5 days after my 60 day satisfaction guarantee, my service went to **bleep**   And now your ibmy the 2nd tech to say there is a problem,  4 more hours on the phone standing in the sprint store to get nothing accomplished. After being promised a new phone free of charge.  I'm not stopping until sprint owns up to their promise and fixes my problem   Sprint customer next door has no problems.  Sales guy at sprint even said yesterday they have swapped out several s9's for the same reason.      

I got this phone in February    0 money down walked out with a new phone.     And its crap. Doesnt work as promised and is costing me money to give it data via another carrier's hotspot.      

Now I'm required to pay money for a phone because I'm still a newer account and not a long time member?  But brand new off the street its 0?   How does any of this make any sense?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Supertech2131. Have you completed a network reset on your phone? If not please dial ##72786#, and let me know if that helps. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

I hear ya Supertech2131. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip? How long has this been going on? Is it happening in 1 location or multiple? What type of phone do you have? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Are you serious right now?

I just tried a reset   Didnt work   You just looked into my location.  

Like stated above 

Galaxy S9

Cross streets are Royce and Alcee

I'd like to know what springs acronym for SMART agent means.   Cause I'm pretty sure my definition is different  

After looking into this area Supertech2131, I see that the coverage should be good. So I checked the towers, and there are a couple towers with an open service alerts. Our tower team has been notified, and deployed. I'd like to report the issue you're having. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Turning off Wi-Fi when not at home did the trick. Accessing Data and Data Speeds are now pretty consistent in all areas of my Chicago suburb. Driving through shopping areas no longer causes my S9 to lose/regain/lose/regain its data connection to Sprint.

Thank you BertTurner! Sharing your experience is greatly appreciated! 

Master

Unfortunately, almost all phones nowadays have that stupid WiFi assist on and All manufactures use it to get better Speeds, Apple is the worst because it automatically keeps both antennas ON for some reason, even if your WiFi is much better than your Carrier Network.
The other issue with that is that if you phone detects a good WiFi signal will use that as primary, but if you have no password or u move across it quick, your connection will not be active and your "Not so Smart" phone will be in a limbo.
I guess it is still a work in progress since those features are pushed on the last major updates from Apple and Other manufactures and by turning WiFi assist off, will help.

Under your WiFi advanced settings in the Samsung phone, you should see all the options you have for the intelligent WiFi.

I have all of mine off, other than the WiFi notification. This way I can choose if I want to connect to a specific WiFi or not and not have my phone automatically connect.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank-you for taking the time to explain the technical aspect of why my Samsung S9 forgets it's on 4G-LTE if there is a strong Wi-Fi signal where I'm parked, or passing by.

That explains why some Lyft and Uber drivers I know, miss passenger pick-up requests. Their phone is in LIMBO/DUMB mode because of their proximity to a Wi-Fi signal that they have no password for. Thanks again!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat