Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albany GA - unuseable / slow data bad voice service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Albany GA - unuseable / slow data bad voice service

Hello,

Albany Ga area on gillionville rd college corner gas station apartment complex area the Data services are less than 1mbps down and upload will fail most of the time or .02mbps. Can someone provide a ETR on the tower? The local sprint store says they have trouble tickets open and the tower is more than 50% degraded. It has been like this for months. 

Please advise.

8 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Albany GA - unuseable / slow data bad voice service

Hi Evo. In taking a quick peek at the nearby towers, I'm not seeing any outstanding tickets. Based off the coverage map, near the N Dalewood and Gillionwood intersection, the LTE lowers slightly from excellent to fair which would explain some speed decreases, but nothing that as drastic as the speeds you've provided.

I have a few questions for you. What kind of device are you using? Are you the only one experiencing this or is it happening to others as well. Is it only that particular area or other surrounding areas?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

2214 Gillionville Rd, Albany, GA 31707

This is a apartment complex and everyone in it with sprint complains. Verizon and ATT have no issues.

The apartment complex serves College Students so we hear about it all the time. 

My main sprint line user lives at this location and is asking me to port us over to verizon because they can not take it anymore. I have been a customer sense 2001 , I hate to leave over this

Journeyman

Samsung S8+ speed test

Sprint-Screenshot_20181206-211028_Speedtest.png

We certainly value your business and don't want to lose you over a situation like this.

There are a few things we can do here to try and get some action moving. The first is to try and reset network settings on your phone. For Android: Dial ##SCRTN# (##72786#). For Apple iOS: Dial ##CLEAR# (##25327#).

Next, you can report an issue directly when in the impacted area by opening the My Sprint app in the Support section of the app.

Alternatively, I can put in a request on your behalf but I'll need to reach out via private message to get some personal information. 

Lastly, Sprint offers a device called the Magic Box which helps in boosting data availability. We could look into setting you up with one if that would be of interest. 

Journeyman

We have been doing the Dial ##SCRTN# (##72786#) for months now with no results, the store had given us instructions to keep trying that

We have reported it via the web site and the sprint app.

Please go ahead and reach out and input the request for us as well

yes we will try the box , due to the size of the apartment complex and the building have multiple users will it work with that many people or give us the ability to lock it to certain phones?

I'm going to shoot you a PM so we can do some additional research on the magic box and reporting the issue. 

Journeyman

Thank you waiting on your message now

You should have something in your inbox from me now. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat