cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Please go ahead restart your phone and once it comes back on dial ##SCRTN#

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Says the code or Number I have dialed is incorrect.
Journeyman

Ok did it again and now get "Warning this will reset the provisioning parameters to Factory Default". I clicked Ok. Now it is saying "Activate your Device" and it is trying to Register the device with the Network and it is just sitting there.
Journeyman

mine activated and still same issue.

Is it still just stuck?

Journeyman

Finally got it thru the Registering of the device again. And there is no change. Still just crappy service that times out on everything.
Highlighted

Okay. I'm going to get the reported for you. Will you please send me a private message with your name, email and phone number?

Journeyman

"Suck is a strong word".  

I think it's way beyond that.  I have worked with Sprint many times.  They asked me to reset phone and setting, and they promised to call me back.   They did.  However signal and data services was so bad, I could not pick up their call. 

I live in SF Bay Area.  Next to tech hub.  Did not think sprint service could be so horrible in a geek populated area.   I was 100% wrong.  

Still have problem for data, MMS, phone calls.   WIFI provided over Enterprise Cisco/Meraki 802.11ac AP was not stable for the S10+ phone.   My experience was extremely bad.

Journeyman

Two weeks later and I'm still having issues.  I've done all the suggested fixes.  On my S8, I could stream SiriusXM all day with no problems.  Now, it get about ten minutes before it tells me "Poor network connection" and cuts off.

Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue!!!! 

I have the new Samsung S10+ this is actually my second phone that I ordered through Sprint. The first one I was having connectivity issues where the phone would not connect to the network even if I am on Wifi at home, or anywhere else I could not do anything on the phone. I returned that phone, and received a new one. Now after a few days the phone was working fine, now today the phone is steadily going into roam status and I am unable to receive, or place calls. Also, I am not able to receive/send texts Also with the phone if I send images either gif's or videos or a simple picture it takes forever to send. I did not have this issue with my old phone the Samsung Galaxy 8. Please advise per this is really getting ridiculous.

A few things you can try are: 

• Once at Home screen
  • Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps.  Tap Settings.
  • Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
  • You will see Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
  • Do not interrupt this process
  • If screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up phone.
  • Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
  • Once complete, phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
  • Press the Home key

You can also dial ##72786# to complete a network reset on the device as well. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Have done both of those many times.  Still same spotty connection in the same exact place my previous phone worked perfectly fine.  Phone is now basically useless at work and 50/50 at my house unless on wifi.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat