cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Journeyman

Asked and Answered: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

ADMIN EDIT: This issue will be addressed in a coming update. 

For more information please see this link Galaxy S10/10+ Roaming issue 

Just got my new S10+ on Wednesday, and ever since setting it up the signal and data have been horrible.  It never gets above 3 bars.  Text messages will fail, websites wont load, email won't pull up.  I will have to try over and over and over and eventually it will work extremely slowly.  I randomly get 10 to 30 seconds of normal speed and then it drops back down to nothing again.  I didn't have this problem with my S8.  Really starting to regret upgrading and staying with Sprint.  I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years, but I am really starting to question that.  I have tried to get help or trouble shoot, but the best they can do for me is telling me to turn it off and restart it.  Do you really think I am that dumb??  Obviously that has been done and it doesn't help.  I updated the Profile and PRL, still no help.  Why am I paying for service that is so spotty and useless?  Is there something going on in my area this week, because this is horrible service. 

38 REPLIES 38
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

What's your zip code? I can check  and see if there's something going on.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem. And this is beyond frustrating. I hear rumors that its a software issue on sprints end with data not being compatible with the s10. My wife has an s10 plus as well but isn't experiencing any issues. I'm in 34470

Journeyman

Have you done the latest software update? One rolled out this morning that should fix the bugs. 

Journeyman

Will that be auto forced to my phone or do I have to manually do the update?

Journeyman

Just checked my phone and it says:
Last Successful Update 3/6/19 at 6:36pm. I tell it to check for more updates, it then times out 3 times, and finally says: Your software is up to date. So no other updates right now, to my phone at least.

You'll probably have to initialize it. Keep an eye out for it today and it should be there at some point today. 

Journeyman

what is the number of this update?

G975USQU1ASBA

Journeyman

My phone is showing G975USQU1ASBA/G975UOYN1ASBA/G975USQU1ASBA as the current version.
Journeyman

as is mine and I still have the same problems

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat