cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Journeyman

Re: Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

I am having this same issue and the only time my device actually works well is when I am on a wi-fi network. If I wanted a wi-fi dependant device I would get a tablet. I don't understand how this is possible for a paying customer to have a device that they cannot use. What if there is an emergency and I need to call for help, am I expected to be near a landline or with someone that does not have Sprint as their cell service provider so that we can get the help we need. I have tried several troubleshooting steps both with Sprint Complete technical support and the old "turn it off and turn it back on thing" and nothing works. I used to be able to listen to the radio all day at work and was completely satisfied with the S9+ and previous devices. The S10+ has been nothing short of a nightmare. When will this nightmare end? Do I need to find another cell phone service to be able to get a device that will work? My zip is 30038 if that matter but based on what I have read my location is insignificant.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey lrollers! Have you tried refreshing the network settings on the phone by going to the dial pad and entering ##72786# ?

Same here.  All my previous phones were fine.  Then I get the S10+ and it is LITERALLY useless unless on Wifi.  If I turn it to Airplane mode, and then back to normal mode it will work fine for about 5 mins and then drops back down to 1 or 2 bars and then no data, txt, phones calls work again.  I have been with Sprint for almost 10 years now and always liked them and stayed loyal.  However I am at my last straw.  Everyone I call or ask for help just tell me to do the same 3 things:  Turn off and back on,  Update Profile and/or PRL, or to do the ##72786# / ##SCRTN# thing.  None of these have worked, yet they keep telling me to do it over and over as if some how magically it will work this time.  Sprint seems to know there is an issue with the connectivity of the S10+ but have no idea how to fix it.  My next step is going to be to go to another provider.  So tired of paying for a useless phone.

Journeyman

Hey,

Yes I tried that numerous of times and nothing. It's really getting frustrating.  

Hey Irollers! Just to clarify that you are having data connectivity issues correct? Can you connect to the Internet or use your apps at all without WiFi?

Journeyman

Hello,

On Wifi I am able to do things here at home but all day yesterday and some days I am unable to use any type of data. (phone calls/text send or receive, and I am not able to use any apps that need internet support). While at home, or on Wifi data service is in use but on my wifi service here at home, or wherever I might be. 

I was on the phone with a Sprint agent yesterday, and was advised that they are aware of this issue and currently getting a fix loaded to send out to everyone. Is this correct, and do we have an ETA when it will be completed and uploaded for us to download?

Thanks! 

Journeyman

Hello,

On Wifi I am able to do things here at home but all day yesterday and some days I am unable to use any type of data. (phone calls/text send or receive, and I am not able to use any apps that need internet support). While at home, or on Wifi data service is in use but on my wifi service here at home, or wherever I might be.

I was on the phone with a Sprint agent yesterday, and was advised that they are aware of this issue and currently getting a fix loaded to send out to everyone. Is this correct, and do we have an ETA when it will be completed and uploaded for us to download?

Thanks!

Yes that is correct, unfortunately I don't have an ETA but I have some things that some other customers have tried and some have worked for them and if not, I can submit a ticket for your phone. So I would like to try a few things with you. I will message you here in about 10 minutes.

Journeyman

Thanks for the information, and I really appreciate it!

I have a link here to another customer here in Community who was having a few different data connection issues with their S10. After trying several things, one day while away from home, updating the PRL and Profile, his issues were resolved. However, what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Galaxy-s10-series-MMS-over-wifi-not-working-Data-related/m-p...

Quick question, before your S10, did you have good data connection at home?

Journeyman

Thanks for the information! Yes, I had the Galaxy 8 and I did not have any issues like this prior.

Okay, for some, updating PRL and Profile every few days have worked, for some it has not. 

One customer was able to get a new phone with a new SIM Card in it and his data connection issues were solved, he said he didn't know if it was the phone or the SIM Card.

Another Customer said that a technician told him due to it being  a Network issue, that a new phone wouldn't solve the issue, but it did for one customer.

Another customer said that they disabled band 25 (which I is not a first preference of suggestions) but his data seemed to work better after that. 

Hopefully an update is rolled out soon or rather asap, and fixes this.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat