Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Cannot Hear me (not phone specific) Wentzville, MO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Caller Cannot Hear me (not phone specific) Wentzville, MO

*Samsung Galaxy Note 9

*iPhone xs Max

*Older HTC (unknown)

[Wentzville, MO]

Randomly the week of August 17th, 2020, the people on the other end of my phone calls could no longer hear me even though I could hear them (Galaxy Note). Funny enough, my wife had the exact same thing happen the same day (iPhone). I wasted hours waiting for online support; verified the microphones were working, reset the networks, updated the PRLs, etc. Finally, they wanted me to do a hard reset, but I said no as it was not device-specific and too coincidental to be creating extra work like that. Funny enough they both started working about 20 hours later, which is when my neighbor started experiencing the same exact thing (HTC). At this time ours were working again, but randomly today (8/31/20) started experiencing the same issue again. I cannot find a mock-up situation online; is anyone else having this happen? I had to order a home phone because my phone is not reliable at this point.

Also during this issue: On outgoing calls, my phone would hang anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute in.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, just for confirmation are you experiencing this issue in multiple locations?

S.R
Highlighted

Hi, yes this happens anywhere I go

Highlighted

I'd like to perform some troubleshooting. Please follow the steps provided: 

1.From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2.Tap the Settings icon.

3.Tap System updates.

4.Tap Update PRL.

5.Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK.

6.The PRL is now up to date.

Tap Update Profile.

7.Once the profile update is complete, tap OK.

8.The data profile is now up to date.

S.R
Highlighted

Hello, I did all troubleshooting possible except a hard reset. I did this both phones, all to no avail

Highlighted

I need some more info I'd be sending you a PM. 

S.R
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat