cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell and Data (LTE) Not Working Since Merger

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cell and Data (LTE) Not Working Since Merger

For a few weeks now since the merger, my data and cell connectivity is useless, especially at my home. Can't connect to LTE at all, unlike before when I normally had full bars of it at home that worked flawlessly. Can hardly use 3G, and if I can get it, it's only one or two bars that don't work at all, and in some places, I have no connection whatsoever and it keeps me from making/receiving calls and sending texts. I had this same problem when I went into town, but I stopped by a Sprint store, and they fixed that issue, but it didn't fix the one at home. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and haven't experienced this until recently, and I can't change services because I still have two months on my contract. But I'll probably be doing that in two months if this issue isn't fixed. I also have a cell tower right next to my home, so this isn't a problem on my end anymore. I've done almost every troubleshooting step I could find, and even visited a Sprint store.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for that info, let me check out your address to see if there are any outages at the moment. Also, since the merger we have given customers access to both Sprint and T-Mobile towers so the towers that you were using prior to the merger would still be supplying your device with signal. Can you please provide me with the nearest cross street and ZIP code to your location? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol it used to "work"? All of these issues are the same issues a lot (if not the majority) of users been having before the merger. The merger just made them a lil bit worse but these problems were already here, it just took T Mobile to show Sprints true incompetent towers/network 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues here.  Everything is up to date and on. Both lines on my plan have this problem along with friends and coworkers.  Personally i

Highlighted

How long has this been happening? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have noticed the issue where I rarely get LTE coverage, today from zipcode 21788, 21702, 21703,21716, 21755, ive been in nothing but 3G, sometimes barely that!!! Ive got S10 with the latest August patch. Ive rebooted many times, updated PRL and the profile. I had the network selection as Automatic, I forced to LTE and CDMA , no change. Sitting in downtown Frederick MD I have a -106 signal level on EVDO_A. Ive turned off VoLTE. This has been getting progressively worse over the summer, the last 2 days have been aweful.

Highlighted

Look out for a private message. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, I've noticed that my wife's LG phone isnt dropping into 3G like my Samsung S10+ , When my phone drops into 3G I will do a PRL update and boom , goes back into LTE. About and hour or so later, goes back into 3G again until I either update the PRL again or reboot the phone. Seems since i received the August patch that its been happening, not sure if its a firmware issue or bad phone.  I've been in a private message with Sprint_FeliciaS from above, but haven't seen a response since her initial message on Friday. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update: This trick seems to have helped me for now. From The Droid Guy.com

No 4G LTE signal fix : Wipe cache partition

Android depends on a set of temporary files called system cache to load apps quickly. If this cache gets corrupted or outdated, a device may suddenly lag, freeze, or show signs of slow performance. At other times, uncommon glitches may occur as well as overall performance of the system may also be affected. To ensure that your S10 has good system cache, we suggest that you clear it once every few months. Here’s how to do it:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/Stuck-in-3G-Samsung-A11-Note-10-Note-10-Note-8-Note...

for the majority of you running Samsung devices going back to the S8 series...this would be why..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat