cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues LG G5

Journeyman

Connection issues LG G5

As a Sprint customer for about 15 years, I am very disappointed in how this company was not willing to do anything to maintain my business. I usually have about one bar in my office and have to be creative (standing in certain areas of the office) when trying to get a better signal to use my phone like I would like. My 2 other co-workers (T-Mobile & AT&T phones) are able to use their phones without any connection problems. I looked online to try to order a new Sprint phone thinking that maybe my old phone (LG G5) was the cause of the connection issue. Unfortunately, it showed online that I would have to pay full price for a new phone because I'm not eligible for a new phone until December 2018. I called to find out how much it would be to cancel my contract and explained the issue that I was having. I was told $100 to cancel and asked if I could be helped with anything. No offer of trying to identify the cause of the connection issue or anything. I'm in the process of closing on a home so can't have my credit run to switch to another provider; however, as soon as I close on Friday, I'm going to have to make that switch.

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Connection issues LG G5

I would be more than happy to assist you with the connection issue. I will be looking at the coverage and the towers in your area. For this I will be needing your zip code.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

My zip code is 32308

Sorry, I should have asked:

Is this voice or data?

Just to be clear it is happening more at work than at home?  

If you feel comfortable please provide the cross streets.

Has it always been like this?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Data is the main issue. Sometimes I receive voicemails even though the phone hasn't rung on my end. Yes, the issue is mostly at work. I've worked here just over a year now. There has always been issues with my data here but it's been getting worst in the last few months. If my phone battery drops below 80% then I don't have a signal to use data or the phone.

The thing is that the LTE signal are very small and fragile. The foliage, buildings, and even water feature can slow down this signal and even break it. The Good News is we are currently working on densification. Meaning strengthening the signal. If you are uncomfortable with providing the address in the public, we can dig deeper in private.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

I work on Mahan Drive right before Capital Circle. These are very busy roads - not a rural area.

I looked at the cross street you gave me with a tool that we have to check out the towers in the area. The towers are in good working order and the coverage in the area for both data and voice are exceptional. Did you notice a difference in coverage from the winter time and now? It does look like it is an in building coverage thing by looking at the map. We are working on improving that. Upgrading your device might help and it might not.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

No, I did not notice a change from the winter to now. I’m in Florida so we don’t have much of a winter anyway. The service really started to get worst about 3 months ago. Can you review the history of feedback that I have given in this thread to provide a possible solution? Or is Sprint’s solution/recommendation that I wait while the company works on improving building coverage in an area where “the towers are in good working order and the coverage in the area for both data and voice are exceptional” and “upgrading your device might help and it might not,” while T-Mobile & AT&T are providing great coverage in the same area/building?

I'm up to date on the situation. We asked for the chance to review coverage in case there was an issue that we could address and fix immediately. Unfortunately in this case, it isn't something that we have the ability to fix with a ticket or an investigation.  When we reach that point in any situation, we try to help give you an understanding of what may be affecting your service and some information about efforts we're making to improve it going forward. Sometimes a newer phone does help, but truthfully, it's not going to build a tower or drive signal through a barrier that's currently stopping it. I wish there was a way I could magically fix it, for you and anyone else going through this, but since I cannot, I try to be honest instead.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat