cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual loss of data signal

Highlighted
Journeyman

Continual loss of data signal

for nearly 3 weeks I have had an ongoing issue with loss of signal stability while In Network LTE coverage. I am shown Roaming 95% of the time, even in the parking lot in front of the Sprint store where I bought my phone. I'll fluctuate between LTE, 3G, LTE Roaming, 3G Roaming, Roaming with no data, and no signal at all, all within a 5 minute interval while sitting in my house. I travel up to 300 miles radius from my house for work, and until mid June, I had a reliable network in most of that area, now I have no reliability. My coverage map is the Florida panhandle and South Georgia. It takes me 45 minutes to send an email to work for my timesheet, and takes nearly 10 min to open a web page. This is worse than dial-up service for productivity

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

How long has that been happening? 

Highlighted

It started around mid-late June, and has gotten worse as time went on. My work schedule and travel time/mileage records are all tracked and submitted online only, and I need internet access not just at home but wherever I may be working throughout a 300 mile radius of home.

Highlighted

Good morning! In this case I'll really need to look into this as soon as possible, this is very unfortunate. Can you send me a private message? Can you also provide me with the make and model of your device? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have experienced this since mid June. I have chatted with agents, updates have been done, phone and coverage works great for about a day then bam back to no service,  3G or roaming. It's getting really old and beyond frustrating. 

Highlighted

Allow me the chance to take a look. Can you send me a private message providing me with your nearest cross streets and ZIP code? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calls aren't the issue, it's having data available to send/receive emails or use the Hotspot for any other data needs. My work laptop does me no good when I have no data service to send/receive files from corporate offices since all my work is out in the field and not at an office.

Highlighted

I'd like to continue troubleshooting this issue. Send us a Private Message. 

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE drops to "1x" on my iPhone SE (1st gen).  The problem started on 8/5/20.  I am on the Unlimited Kickstart Vs 2 plan, added the Unlimited on Us plan, and on 8/5/20 at about 2 pm through the Sprint store (now T-Mobile) added an iPhone 6s to the Unlimited on Us plan.  Both phones are running iOS 13.6 (the current software available for all iPhones). I have lived in my apartment for over a year located on the New Rochelle/Larchmon, NY border on the fist floor with windows that face the street and my iPhone SE has always worked flawlessly data wise on the LTE network through Kickstart. Voice calls not so much. That afternoon the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaias  passed over the area and knocked down trees and powers lines on my street.  The strom was over by 4 pm, and I was home by 6:30 pm and noticed both my iPhones were on 1x (Edge?) down from LTE.  LTE would come back intermittently for about 30 seconds and then back to 1x.  The next morning I drove to work and restarted my phones at 9 am and they were back on LTE until I returned home at 6 pm.  The iPhone 6s stayed on the LTE network but the iPhone SE did not.  I went outside right in front of my window and the LTE returned on my iPhone SE. Went back inside and it dropped to 1x.  At this point the only way to keep the LTE signal on the SE is to keep the phone on my window ledge on the far right which is odd because I was on the far left of my window outside when the LTE came back on.  If I walk into my living room the SE drops to 1x.  My apartment is right next to the lobby, the stairwell is next to me on the other side so I cant imagine any interference as it has worked normally for over a year.  I do not know if this is related to the storm.  The 6s has been able to stay on LTE.  The SE is my main phone and I want to keep using it as such as my Apple Watch is connected to it and all of my main accounts too.  The 6s is just a back up that I don't want to carry around.  In summation, on my iPhones the Kickstart plan is having trouble connecting and staying on LTE in my apartment and the Unlimited on Us plan is connected to LTE with no trouble.  Hope someone can offer a resolution.   

Highlighted
GrandMaster

seeing as how a hurricane just ran through there im going out on a limb and thinking the tower closest to you ended up getting messed up or one or more of their antennas were whacked and you are probably pulling in signal from the next furthest out tower. an agent can look into this one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Hey, upon reviewing the coverage in that area, i'm seeing several towers being affected by outages. The good news is our Network Team is already aware of the issue and working on having these towers up and running as quickly as possible. 

S.R
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat