cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

It can come down to a variety of things including coverage in the various areas you are at, what the landscape of that area looks like (lots of trees, buildings, etc), if the device has been refreshed recently, and so on.

When you lose signal, is it temporary and pop back up or is it a permanent loss? If it's a permanent loss, there is a way to report the issue in the My Sprint app that would allow you to quickly and easily submit a ticket to our teams to check on the towers in the area. 

As far as any known issues with iPhone 8 or a particular version of the OS, there are no known issues about data loss at this time.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Ok. It’s not permanent but it is frequent. I’ll keep my out for reported bugs

Journeyman

Three times this morning.  7-745. Central time. 74012

Was this all in the same location? Can you give me cross-streets? If you aren't comfortable sharing that here, shoot me a PM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Different location I’ve been in.  74012 i believe  broken arrow.  Kenosha and Lynn lane 

The closest tower to that intersection is experiencing slow data or the inability to access data in that area which has an open ticket with technicians actively working on the issue.

Journeyman

Note 9

Zip:  60426

Journeyman

It just happened again today so I had to re-provision the network again!!!!!  I have the Note 9.  My zip-code is 60426.  My nearest cross street is Sibley Boulevard.  

Hi Deb, I'm not showing any tower issues in that general area or with network coverage. Does this regularly happen in this area or is this a one-off occurrence? Did refreshing your network settings help out? 

Journeyman

I am having the EXACT same issue! In fact, I had a Note 8 and in November I traded it for an iPhone XS Max BECAUSE OF the on-going issues and representatives telling me that it has to be my phone. Guess what. The new phone has the SAME issues. It’s 100% a network issue somehow and I’m contemplating paying off my phone and taking it to a new provider. I’m a long time Sprint Customer but this outrageous. I work from home so I won’t notice it as I am connected to the WiFi always, until I go to make a phone call, send a picture message, or travel outside of my WiFi and lose all service completely. It’s ridiculous and I’m always told the same fixes and then asked on the same call, “Did that work?” Well, yeah, shutting my phone off and turning it back on always works. Will it be a permanent resolution is the real question. It’s now 2-3 times a day of restarting my phone, not before having missed calls and texts that may have been urgent.

Roanoke, VA 24019

Also travelled to Troy, Ohio 45373 in November and had the same issue. It’s a Sprint problem. Not a phone problem. Not a location problem. 

Journeyman

I’m glad you posted today because it’s been really bad for me last few days again and although i never got reaolvement before, i wanted to bring it up again because it’s been so bad.  Also the issue isn’t just last few days, it’s always happening.  There’s got to be a reason for this orbat least something you can address to those that are bringing This up.  Thanks 

Journeyman

@NathaninOk Yeah, I just got off the phone with another rep over this issue because of how bad it is. Got the same old run around of restarting and resetting the network as always. No matter how I describe the issue or what I tell them has been done, they just ask me to shutdown and restart and reset the network. That works EVERY time. I want something more permanent so I don’t have to go that’s route multiple times a day, or even once a day which is my norm. The paranoid side of me thinks Sprint is well aware of the issue and just isn’t dealing with it properly or isn’t even sure how to approach it and just doesn’t want to tell me. I DO have friends in the area with Sprint who DO NOT have my issue. Why for certain people and not for others?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat