cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

I went ahead and double checked that you have coverage in your area and you should. I can go ahead and send a refresh signal to your phone to reset everything and hopefully troubleshoot this issue. If not we can dig deeper and get this sorted out.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

thanks but this isn’t the sort of issue you can duplicate.   It just happens. Not in specific areas or times of days.  Other people posted and they live in different states.  I reset my phone network, hard reset, and now even the ##clear# but the issue occurs pretty frequently. 

I'd be happy to do it. It can help clear any issues that might be causing your phone to not connect with the closest tower to you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I JUST called Sprint at customer service again about 2.5 hours ago. Explained the whole situation and what I’ve done to resolve it and what I’ve been told to do to resolve it. The rep did the EXACT same thing as I had just explained has been tried. She told me if it happens again within 48 hours to take my phone to the nearest Sprint or Apple store. Nearest Apple store to me is many hours away, and it’s clearly not a phone issue since, as I repeated a second time to her, had the same issue with the Note I had before this phone. Well, I just left my house and disconnected from my WiFi an hour ago (so about an hour and a half later) and was already back with no cell service. 🤷🏼‍♀️

My stepson has Sprint and an older iPhone (7) through his mom’s plan. He stays with us every other week and he’s never had this happen to him. Not once. It makes absolutely no sense.

Journeyman

The thing that has to be understood is that we CAN correct the issue by resetting the phone/network but the issue persists at later times. It’s completely random, nothing in particular seems to set it off. I’ve even been driving down the road listening to music on YouTube just fine and suddenly it stops playing because my service has completely stopped working. I reset the phone and the network settings and then I magically have internet again. Hours later, it happens again.

Is your stepson's phone on the Sprint network?

Journeyman

Yes, he has Sprint. No problems like mine even in my house. Or while out with me when I have the issues.

That's very odd. I will reach out to our tech team and see what they think of this since it's not happening to other users right around you. 

Journeyman

Thank you! That’s what I would like to see happen. I’m not sure if it has to do with my phone number or what because I can’t make any sense of it otherwise. I’m not expert in these areas, though, so I have no idea where to start searching for a solution.

I agree! It will be first thing next week but I will get back to you.

Journeyman

Thanks ZD. Explaining the situation in detail and sharing your customer service calls. Helpful. I’m frustrated and i too don’t know much about networks but I’m fairly tech savvy and i know it’s not the phone.  Have a sister in pa, not on my plan,  a user here and one in Texas all noticing same issues here and there.  Been with sprint for over 17 years, wow, and i haven’t experienced anything like this before. 

Journeyman

Thanks for this info, we will look into this.

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat