cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

Journeyman

Re: Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

Three months of lousy connectivity and Sprint tells me theres nothing wrong with my service.  Reminds me of the month that I had FreedomPop.  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Is data the only service you're having issues with? Or does this include calls and texts? Do you have a certain area that it happens at more often? Or is it everywhere? What is your zip code?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

There aren't any new buildings or construction in the area. There don't seem to be any more people either. All outer situations are the same. It's just the issues with service. When the Searching for Service  appears, I can't send or receive texts and have no data. Even if there was some sort of deprioritization going on, that shouldn't completely take away my service or that of other Sprint users. I live about 12 miles away from where I work. Once I am closer to home my data service does improve. The problem is most often in my work area. 

12 miles would get you to another tower, so that's why improves. Have you ever turned airplane mode on for a minute and then back off, or powercycled the phone, and had even better service?

It's definitely a change in that area, just trying to figure out what it is. I may have to submit a tech ticket to have the area looked at, to see what I'm missing. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I've tried airplane mode, power cycling, and reps have also had me reset network settings. During the times when it's searching for service, these techniques don't always work. Many times I've just had to wait it out or wait until I left the area. I did have a ticket open shortly after I began reporting this but that's when they told me about the towers having alerts on them and said they couldn't do anything. Thank you for looking into this, hopefully a resolution can be found.  

Journeyman

Its data connection.  I dont make many phone calls.  Zip 33990.  

On the airplane mode or powercycle, I was meaning as you get home. You've stated it gets better. I was just wondering if those steps make it closer to perfect. Since it sounds like your tower at home is working great. 

We're still working on the towers in the area. We'll need to keep an eye out for them to all be online. If you're still having the issue, I'll submit a new ticket. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

The area have excellent data coverage in that area. I'm not seeing any service alerts on the area. You said that it's been happening for 3 months. Is this the only zip code you're usually in?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I've only done the airplane mode and power cycling in the area where I have the issue. Once I'm away from that tower the signal usually improves on it's own so I haven't felt the need to do it as I've gotten closer to home. 

Yes, you can submit a new ticket since the issue still occurs. Out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for towers with service alerts to be up and running as expected?

Journeyman

Ive only used my phone in this zip code.  It took 2 minutes to find service to answer this text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

To be fair... this does not seem to be a specific area issue. I am a Sprint user with an iPhone XS Max who has this happen three times a day in the 24019 zip in Roanoke, VA. It happens when I’m in my work building at the crossroads of Franklin/Jefferson in the 24011 zip and it happens CONSTANTLY at my home (I’m not at my work building regularly). My stepson is on his stepfather’s Sprint plan, also with an iPhone (albeit, an older 7) and NEVER has this happen, even staying at my house every other week. So this is not an area thing or a tower thing, there is something much deeper happening, which is the point I continue to try and get across to Sprint. Also, not trying to repeat myself over and over, but this happened with my previous phone as well, though admittedly only once a day as I remember, the Galaxy Note 8. Two totally different phones, same issue. I got the iPhone specifically in hopes of ridding myself of this issue and actually having it worse. 

I understand only doing those steps when and where there's a problem. 

The time on the towers can vary depending on the reason for the alert. If a replacement part is needed, it depends on how quickly the part is received. It's really hard to say.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat