cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

I just gave him the cross streets for my home & work in my last post.  And so far, this issue is occurring everywhere.  I haven't traveled to far from my home zip code over the past week.  But I know for sure I've had issues in all the zip codes I originally listed (01464, 01434, 01420, 01453).  I haven't driven 50 miles to put my PHONES to the test yet...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the usual rule of thumb is 5 miles in any direction SHOULD kick you onto a different tower..should depending on how far they are spread out etc. are there any other Sprint phones around you that are not on your account?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, no. I do not have any other Sprint phones around me to put to the test. Have their been other reported outages in the areas I've listed? I will have to see what the next few days brings as far as my service goes on both phones in different areas. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Juan will have to look into that one..if possible include cross streets for those other zip codes. there can be one or two towers in a zip code or 10..needs to get a more accurate look to see which tower or towers are possibly messing up. worst case they have yet to be reported as having issues and he will need to fire in a report to get someone to go check on it physically.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

So looking at the area, it's not that good.  Let's look at the below pic.

Em_Will_I_Am_0-1581116620895.png

On the right, we have your work address.  The gray color is "No Coverage" and the light yellow is "Fair Coverage".  On the left is your home location and it is spotted with "Fair".  Fair, for the most part, is right before No Coverage and is usable when you are outside.  What I believe is happening, is your phones are in such weak coverage and it's attaching to a roaming tower where the time/location is set to 2000.  Your phone gets the time from the site and if it's incorrect it will jump to what the site has.  That's why the WIFI networks are like, "Today is Feb 7, 2020, and the device that is trying to access me says 2000.  DENIED!!!"

I can't say much about the service because it looks splotchy throughout the area because there are very few towers.  The closest one by your home has an outage on it since the 4th and should be fixed by the 11th.  However, as far as the Wifi deal, we can go about it 2 ways.  The long way would be to find out who you are roaming on, create a ticket for them and wait for them to fix the time on their towers.  The short way would be to set your time on your phone from network time to manual.  I recommend we do both.

@Kmurdock525 wrote:

Thank you for your response.  The fact that there are no towers within five miles...hasn't changed randomly as of this Monday.  We've always experienced LOW signal as far as LTE in 01464 and 01434 zips, but never to the point where it's completely cutting out like this.  FYI...my work is Jackson Rd. / Patton Rd. in 01434.  My home is Shaker Ave / Rodman Ave in 01464.

As far as taking the DEVICES to a Sprint repair store?  No, I have not done so.  I highly doubt that BOTH of my phones somehow gained a hardware issue on the same exact day.  And my best guess...is they'd tell me there's nothing that can be done and try to coerce me into getting new phones, which again...didn't seem to resolve the issue for previous posters.  

The Wi-Fi connection and LTE service going down completely DOES occur at the same time (sometimes).  I can be connected to Wi-Fi perfectly fine, then all of a sudden I'm in the year 2000 and cannot browse the web.  Shutting off Wi-Fi and switching to strictly LTE service does not solve the issue...it is only resolved by restarting the phone.  When the LTE service is down, I'm unable to gain access to any Wi-Fi internet.  There is not a lot of consistency in the issues we're having...the only consistent thing is that we cannot use our phones how phones are meant to be used.  

My boyfriend's phone (the S8) also occasionally gives him a "Data Tethering" error.  I'm not sure what this is or if it is related, but I forgot to mention it in my original post and hope maybe it may give some insight.  

I don't WANT to change my service provider, but I am having a hard time accepting this and understanding how it can possibly be occurring on both of my phones.  I'm going to be left with no choice if this issue cannot be resolved.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat