cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

GrandMaster

Re: Data Connection Issue: Searching For Service

then info will be needed from the other poster if the agents already have yours.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I bought the Sprint service with LG phone 2 weeks ago.  The service connection constantly drops.  I am in Cape Coral FL.

GrandMaster

are there any other Sprint phones around you?

does it improve once you leave that area by say 5 or more miles?

zip code and closest cross streets are needed so the agent can look at a specific tower for issues and work their way out from there.

@Bdulmaine1515 wrote:

I have the same problem.  I bought the Sprint service with LG phone 2 weeks ago.  The service connection constantly drops.  I am in Cape Coral FL.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey Bdulmaine1515. Can I get your zip code and the nearest cross streets? If you aren't comfortable popping that in a public place, shoot me a PM with that info and I can start taking a look at the towers in your area to see if there is anything going on. 

Also, as fireguy asked, is anyone else on Sprint (that you know of) having these same issues? Is this happening in one particular location or multiple? Is it happening inside and outside? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I've been experiencing the same issue for a month now. I noticed it because my sister who lives in PA mentioned it, but then I realized that's why my facetimes calls were being disconnected because the data would intermittently cycle out.  I live in Tulsa, Ok. 74012. She has an iPhone  8, and I have an iPhone 8 plus, both with latest IOS. 

I can give you more details, but I don't think it would be helpful since the issue isn't related to a phone or a location.  

I'd just like to know whats going on. 

Journeyman

Zip is 33990.  Del Prado Blvd.  Im taking this phone to Sprint store where I bought it tomorrow.  Frustrating.

Bdulmaine - I'm not seeing any tower issues in your area. Let us know if you have any issues after your visit in the store.

NathaninOk - I checked in that zip code and there is a tower down along with another that recently went back up. Are you only having connections issues when running a FaceTime with your sister, or slow data in general all over the area? 

Some general things you can do on your iPhone 8 that might help you out:

1. Tap Phone icon.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
  4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
  5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
    • The radio will reset.
    • When Sprint displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed
  1. Tap Phone.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Type ##CLEAR# (##25327#)
  4. Tap Call.
  5. At the Resetting Subscriber Settings prompt, tap OK.
  6. Allow the radio to reset

Journeyman

Thanks for the help.  It happens  not only in that zip. I was on a FaceTime call last night in downtown Tulsa and it happened there last night.  It’s too spontaneous to diagnose and it happens to frequently for towers to be down all the time.  Unless that’s what it is.  

Is this only happening with FaceTime calls or are you having data drop outs when browsing the web or using data otherwise? 

Journeyman

Browsing the web.  Not much call usage yet so I dont know about that.

Has this been happening recently or has it been an going issue for some time? Is it overall slow speeds or are you losing signal altogether? I'm curious what your speeds look like from a speed test perspective. 

Journeyman

It happens other times too because I’ll notice it while using an app.  I’ve notice it for about a month or at least because my sister in philly said it so maybe more.    I think i read this happened to iphone last year so i was hoping this issue was more documented with you guys and that it was a service update issue or an iOS issue. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat