cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data service LTE and hotspot

Journeyman Im1
Journeyman

Data service LTE and hotspot

My wife and I have been with sprint since for 6+years. We switched to iPhones when the 4 came out. Sprint did not offer LTE in our area back then but charged us for upgrading to premium data services. We went along with it just waiting for this awesome service to come along. The iPhone 4 did not function well with 3G service. We upgrade to the 6s plus and started getting the LTE service but it was always slow. We would call and they promise they are working on it. A couple years later we now have the iPhone X. The service has gotten worse. They told us that the towers are needing service and they created a work order for this. We have upgraded to XsMax, thinking it was the phone, and service is the worse ever. The mobile hot spot does not work 90% of the time. My download/upload speeds are at a record low 0.67/0.62 per sec. The “free” upgrades that cost us over $300 upfront and we still haven’t seen the first bill since the upgrade. I’m thinking time for a refund and moving to a different provider. Like Verizon or AT&T. Their customers seem to be satisfied. 

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman Im1
Journeyman

Re: Data service LTE and hotspot

I ran two more speed tests and the results are in...0.14 mbps downloads and 0.60mbps uploads and the second one is 0.67mbps downloads and 0.61mbps uploads. I was using the hotspot on my iPhone X for my laptop when I was out of the office, it worked fine. Now since the iPhone Xs max it can not connect to this network 90% of the time. I don’t understand why or how Sprint can charge for this type of service

GrandMaster

the agents will need a tad bit more info to look into this..like where are you? zip code and closest cross streets so they can see which towers are closest to you and check them for reported issues.

does the signal improve once you leave the area by say 5+ miles?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@Im1, I believe the higher data requirement with the newer phone is not working well with the coverage you have there. If the signal is not good in your area, the newer phone may make it worse. Do you get any better service when you move away from your home? Have you reviewed a coverage map to know what the data coverage looks like in your area now, compared to when you first started with Sprint? How long have you had the Xs Max?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman Im1
Journeyman

I have viewed the coverage map and it is showing good 4G LTE service in and around my area. Sometimes I will be getting good coverage and the data will just drop all together, not even 3G. Sometimes it will drop to 3G sometimes jump down to 1x. The coverage map has always shown good coverage in this area, which is why we went with Sprint. When we first signed up with Sprint the service was good, LTE was not around then. Once we switched over to iPhone ( when the iphone4 came out) Sprint started charging for premium data service and LTE was not even available in our area, this when the problems started. Since then 4G LTE is now  here, after paying for it when it was never available, the service is not much better. We have had the Xs Max for a couple of weeks now. Usually the only time I can get any kind of decent download speeds is when I am on WiFi. I have tried to limit any downloading, songs, pictures, email attachments,etc. to when I am on WiFi. Which is not the service we are paying for. 

Journeyman Im1
Journeyman

While sitting in my living room it took a while for my last reply to send. About half of the time it takes up to 20-30 minutes for picture messages to send if they even send at all. A lot of the times it will come back as message failed to send. 

Wizard

Good morning. I totally understand where you're coming from. Have you tried to do any troubleshooting to see if it would help?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat