cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still offer the Airave? Will it help me?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you still offer the Airave? Will it help me?

Poor signal for calls and data both at my home address, though the coverage map shows LGE Fair Coverage for the entire county. I'm getting -120+ DBA. I'm on Wifi for my data needs, but even with Wifi calling turned on I can't make or receive calls. 

Do you still offer the Airave? Will it help? My address says eligible but I heard the last model was discontinued?

Please help! I'd like to keep this service after all the effort setting it up.

Screenshot_20190222-164755_Settings.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Do you still offer the Airave? Will it help me?

The Airave is designed to help with calls. With the introduction of WiFi Calling and Calling Plus, we've moved away from the Airave. Can you remind me what phone you have, I would like to verify which options the phone has. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Sure. It's the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Thanks for any info!

Note, I didn't mark the solution above but I'm glad to accept it since you answered my general question. I didn't realize someone who wasn't the OP could mark a solution so unsure how that happened!

Howdy bp7550. It can be accepted by any user. Give me just a couple mins to look into the features on this phone. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

As RedCruzr_Sprint was stating, WiFi calling has replaced the Airave, unless you have a device that doesn't support WiFi calling. After looking at your phone, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it is WiFi calling capable. So as long as you have access to a WiFi signal, you should be able to use it to make calls if needed. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I do have Wifi calling and I have it turned on, but it's still resulted in some calls where the other person can't hear me. I have a very strong Wifi signal also, so I know the issue isn't coming from there. I also get notifications of texts and voicemails very late, sometimes by hours. The phone also seems to be constantly hunting for a signal and is consuming batteries like they're going out of style.

In my searching for a solution I saw the Network mode option mentioned. Would changing it from Automatic to any of the other choices make any difference? I did notice my dba went from -123 to -112 when I tried setting it to CDMA only, though it still resulted in dead calls.

GrandMaster

keep in mind that "fair" means 1 to 2 bars of signal roughly in good conditions..step inside and that 1 to 2 bars will be affected depending on how far away that tower is from you.

switching to CDMA only means it turned off LTE and is only working on the 3G side..if anything i would run it on LTE/CMDA..once youre inside and connected to wifi calling how many bars of mobile signal do you usually have? 1-2? or does it flip flop between 1 or 2 and no signal?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Just a second, I have to clear up somethings here. We have not moved away from the Airave, in fact, we have a new version coming out next month.  Based on the reading your provided -100+ is bad service and it would make sense if you are within "Fair" coverage.  In short, "Fair" coverage is basically you can make a call while outside in perfect conditions.  Go inside and all bets are off.

PM me your phone number and address, and I will see if you qualify for an Airave.  If so, I will have one sent out.

Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

As RedCruzr_Sprint was stating, WiFi calling has replaced the Airave, unless you have a device that doesn't support WiFi calling. After looking at your phone, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, it is WiFi calling capable. So as long as you have access to a WiFi signal, you should be able to use it to make calls if needed. 

LGE Fair Coverage for the entire county. I'm getting -120+ DBA. I'm on Wifi for my data needs, but even with Wifi calling turned on I can't make or receive calls. 

Community Manager

Ouch!  Yeah, -120dBm is virtually non-existent coverage.  Where you at?  What's your cross streets, city, and state.  I'll check.

@kailiyatsi wrote:

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

LGE Fair Coverage for the entire county. I'm getting -120+ DBA. I'm on Wifi for my data needs, but even with Wifi calling turned on I can't make or receive calls. 

Journeyman

@kailiyatsi wrote:

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

LGE Fair Coverage for the entire county. I'm getting -120+ DBA. I'm on Wifi for my data needs, but even with Wifi calling turned on  FileZilla UC Browser Rufus I can't make or receive calls. 

GrandMaster

not sure if you are running into the same thing or not but if you are you might also try to answer the same question the Admin asked on the last page.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat