Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domestic Roaming

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Domestic Roaming

Is there a list of devices that won’t work on sprints roaming service? Boost has some that doesn’t allow data or voice roaming period. This photo is a list of Boost Mobile devices that do not work on voice or data roaming.. someone please help me out with a list of phones...EBF5417F-124F-4CBA-8C47-213503620B1D.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Sprint pays another carrier to provide coverage in areas where we do not have towers, allowing our customers to 'roam' away from their home carrier.  Most of the major carriers have roaming agreements with one another.

Because Boost is a prepaid service, roaming is limited or unavailable in order to keep the cost of service low.

Sprint is postpaid service, however.  As such, all Sprint devices allow for roaming, where we have roaming agreements.  However, there are limits to roaming services.

We love new customers, but we want to be sure you have the best experience, so before you switch, make sure the area where you live and spend the most time has a good or 'best' label on the Sprint Coverage Map.  If you're located in an area with poor coverage, off network roaming or no coverage, you will likely have a better experience with another carrier.

If you need specifics about roaming limits and restrictions, I suggest you check our our Data Roaming page or Terms and Conditions.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

are you with Sprint or Boost? if you are with Boost you will want to post on their site for these questions.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

No I’m trying to switch to sprint from boost. I have an iPhone 6 which doesn’t work on boost when is roaming. Something to do with the device isn’t enabled to use roaming. Only a select few aren’t enabled. I need to switch but if I can’t use my iPhone 6 on sprints roaming network either then there’s no point in switching. Sorry, no one has gave me a straight to the point answer today about this topic and it’s very frustrating lol

Highlighted

Sprint pays another carrier to provide coverage in areas where we do not have towers, allowing our customers to 'roam' away from their home carrier.  Most of the major carriers have roaming agreements with one another.

Because Boost is a prepaid service, roaming is limited or unavailable in order to keep the cost of service low.

Sprint is postpaid service, however.  As such, all Sprint devices allow for roaming, where we have roaming agreements.  However, there are limits to roaming services.

We love new customers, but we want to be sure you have the best experience, so before you switch, make sure the area where you live and spend the most time has a good or 'best' label on the Sprint Coverage Map.  If you're located in an area with poor coverage, off network roaming or no coverage, you will likely have a better experience with another carrier.

If you need specifics about roaming limits and restrictions, I suggest you check our our Data Roaming page or Terms and Conditions.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I just switched to sprint and will be in an area this weekend that will be roaming. I am just inquiring about what the data limit is in a domestic roaming situation. I have the new unlimited plan

thanks

Highlighted

@jtstasko, domestic phone data roaming Terms & Conditions limit use to 100MB per month in most of our unlimited data plans and plans with data allowances. Please click here for more details about it.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat