cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls on answer

Journeyman

Dropped calls on answer

This has been going on for 3 straight days. I attempt to call someone and when they answer the phone my phone hangs up. When someone tries to call me and I answer, the phone hangs up. This is ridiculous 

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Dropped calls on answer

That would be very weird. I would be just as upset. What kind of device do you own?

Journeyman

Samsung S8

Howdy Zoman35. Thanks for the info. May I have a couple cross streets and the zip code, so I can check the towers in that area. Is this happening in 1 location or multiple? Are any other Sprint users affected? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Zip code is 28117.

Yes, there are multiple people going through the same issue. I stopped by the local sprint store here in Mooresville, NC around 7pm Friday. The store rep shared with me that people had been coming in since 1030 that morning complaining about the same issue.

Highlighted

Thanks for the info. Give me a few mins to look into this area for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

After looking into this area I see that there are a couple towers that have open service alerts on them. Our tower teams have been notified and deployed. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Thanks for the update regarding the towers, but this has been going on for 3 straight days and a team has just been deployed? Let me be 3 days late in my bill and my service would get disconnected. This is not a professional way of treating customers.

I hear you Zoman35, as I stated a tower team has been deployed. I don't have an exact date that they were sent out though. Depending on the complexity of the issue, the fix can take a few hours to a few days.

Weather also plays a huge role in the speed of resolution. I'm not sure about your area, but here in the Midwest, we've had tons of snow, followed by flooding, and then thunderstorms over the last few days. All of which have slowed our tower teams. Towers at 200+ feet get mighty slippery when wet.  

We are aware of the issues in this area and we're working as quickly as we can to get those towers back up and running. 

Completing a network reset will help reestablish the connection between your device and the towers in this area. At this time out of the 7+ towers in this area only a couple are having issues. To complete a network reset, please follow the steps bellow: 

Android: ##72786#

Apple: 

1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Settings.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat