cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETF Early Termination Fee No Service

Journeyman

ETF Early Termination Fee No Service

I gave Sprint's "retention" line a call yesterday. I was told by the representative that there were a number of towers nearby, so it was odd that my service would be so poor (despite the local store showing me on their computer each now for a total of  4 months all the downed towers around my area with service tickets). Completely unacceptable. 

He told me to turn off Roaming, so that the roaming towers wouldn't dominate my signal. I did, and it didn't help. He told me that he could send me a signal booster again, free of charge, and I declined. Those amplifiers rely on internet + WiFi, and with a property my size, I would have to have WiFi amplifiers set up all over the place to have a reliable signal from Sprint. That's ridiculous. The representative also told me that I would receive a call today before 1pm to try and further resolve my issue. It's now 5:30, and no such call has come through.

I requested to have a Early Termination (ETF) and all fees waived for my four iPhones and two iPads but still no call or email from sprint following up. Again poor customer service! 

Here's what I know:

• I shouldn't have no signal on my phone and iPads in my home. 
  • I shouldn't be struggling to send a text message indoors, outdoors and I shouldn't be dropping important business-related calls 
  • I shouldn't have to rely on my internet connection (which I also pay for) to do Sprint's job of having a reliable network. What if my internet goes down and I need help? What if my WiFi acts up during an important call?

Sprint, with zero follow up regarding my ETF is a complete joke. Your customer service is worse. I call and each time my call is dropped or just disconnected by representatives not wanting to do their job after a total of 2 hours on hold. I'm so very disappointed, I’ve tried to resolve this but sprint does not call back to take responsibility for the lack of service in my area. I told the representative yesterday that there were two ways I get out of this contract: One way was that I would come out praising Sprint for their customer service. The other way I pay a lot of money to get my family plan moved over to another carrier, and I forever recommend people steer away from Sprint. I am a community leader, a person that many look to when choosing advice on consumer electronics and digital services and finances: Sprint, not only will be my lowest rated carrier. I will actively push all friends and family away from you, I'll be on every blog, every social site Instagram, Facebook, twitter, and every other forum warning people to stay away. I will cost you WAY more money than that silly ETF would have cost you to accept the return of my 4 iPhones and 2 iPads 

No wonder sprint offers gimmick after gimmick to gain subscribers for years. I'll make sure each and every one of my 2 million social media followers knows not to get suckered into sprints gimmicks to gain customers as I was. Completely subpar service compared to the real top four networks. 

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: ETF Early Termination Fee No Service

a small pearl of wisdom..trying to get help by making threats doesnt usually work out in your favor.

since the agents have zero idea who you are..or what all you have talked to other agents about..mind giving them a small bit of info to work with...like..where are you? zip code and closest cross streets? do your phones work anywhere else or are they always trying to find a signal?

@Gill2019 wrote:

The other way I pay a lot of money to get my family plan moved over to another carrier, and I forever recommend people steer away from Sprint. I am a community leader, a person that many look to when choosing advice on consumer electronics and digital services and finances: Sprint, not only will be my lowest rated carrier. I will actively push all friends and family away from you, I'll be on every blog, every social site Instagram, Facebook, twitter, and every other forum warning people to stay away. I will cost you WAY more money than that silly ETF would have cost you to accept the return of my 4 iPhones and 2 iPads 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat