cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended 4G LTE Webster, WI?

Journeyman

Extended 4G LTE Webster, WI?

Recently I had reason to be in Webster, WI with my LG G5 Sprint phone. The Sprint Coverage Map for the area indicates "Extended 4G LTE" exists here for my Sprint LG G5. When I check my phone I see Roaming and NOT LTE (and pretty poor roaming at that). 

I have chatted with a Sprint customer care representative (she was very nice and courteous!). We chatted for an hour and she worked me through some modifications to my LG G5 that she insisted would make it work now. No luck!

Is the coverage map wrong or is there something more I need to do with the phone to connect to the "Extended 4G LTE" coverage? The roaming isn't so terrible but I have been in this area quite a bit this summer and after awhile it appears that I am hitting the limit of my roaming use for the month.

Also, will this coverage change any with the "Sprint/T-Mobile" merger?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Charlie

~~~

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Re: Extended 4G LTE Webster, WI?

Excellent questions Charlie. The Webster, WI area does have some patchy areas where customers will be in roaming coverage. I did look into the towers in this area and they appear to be functioning correctly. From my experience, the Sprint coverage map is the most accurate. Since your experience contradicts what the coverage should be I'd like to report this issue, and have a tower team sent out to this area. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Master

When I travel, I always try to do PRL updates while in the new Zip Code, seems to help in my case.

Also, make sure your Roaming guard is turned off. This way your phone will jump on other networks when Sprint service is not good on your phone.

My guess is that once the merger is concluded, which will take awhile, you will be able to use more bands and coverage will be much better. Sprints frequencies and T-Mobile ones, will make for a much better penetration in buildings and longer ranges outside.

But as I said, it will take a while, sometimes it takes years before all works as a unified network.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Dj_Damjano,

Thanks for your reply! I really had no idea that updating the PRL in WEBSTER, WI would make a difference as opposed to updating it at my home (St. Paul, MN).

I will give that a try and I do believe that "Roaming Guard" is turned on on my phone so I need to try that also.

Thanks for your assistance,

Charlie

~~~

Journeyman

I have finally had the opportunity to check the coverage again in Webster. I updated the PRLs but still am getting no better coverage than before. I think the thing that really concerns me is that I get terrible coverage in the area (it is mostly roaming, so it severely limits my data) but the Sprint coverage map indicates that the entire lakes area is "LTE Enhanced". Seems a bit deceptive?

Thanks for all of the assistance,

Charlie

~~~

That area is in extended LTE, but it would also depend on the are you are in to get it. What was or is the nearest cross streets?

Journeyman

Katey_88,

Actually I am mostly using it on the south end of Devil's Lake just outside of Webster but I don't seem to get much better signal in the town and it almost always indicates that it is roaming.

Thanks,

Charlie

~~~ 

Wizard

Howdy Cfastner. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Cat,

Any updates on this issue? I was in Webster, WI recently and nothing seems to have changed with my Sprint service.

Thanks,

Charlie

~~~

What zip code is that?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

So I'm seeing that you aren't very close to towers in that area but there are no outages in that area. We can check and see if we can send you a booster that would help with your service when you're in that area. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat