cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9 stuck on 3G, no help from tech support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S9 stuck on 3G, no help from tech support

Ever since the text announcing how great the service would be from the merger coverage has gotten way worse, now phone is stuck on 3G.  Multiple chat supports (excess of six) all go through the same thing, update PRL, update profile, SCRTN update, reset all network connections, reboot phone, start in safe mode and none of that works.  I have been a customer since Nextel days and am on my last straw.  I even have a magic box at home that was working beautifully now phone will not connect to the magic box.  Yep, tech support call to them and get the same troubleshooting steps.  Still not connecting.  Updating the PRL will result in a connection with full bars at LTE for about 5 minutes then all connections drop stays off for about a minute and then comes back with 3G.  Extreme disappointment that Sprint can't offer anything other than reboot, reset, and update various things. Really really close to dumping them after 20 plus years, kind of sad when you think about this is how they really care about taking care of long time customers. 

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We'd definitely want to have this looked into. I'd like to verify the coverage in the area. Can you provide your nearest cross streest and ZIP code? 

Highlighted

I could give you the entire south east Louisiana from New Orleans to Slidell.  Doesnt matter where I am.  My home is 70445 and cross Street is Titus Smith Rd.  Currently in New Orleans 70117 cross street St. Claude.  Also, three other phones on my account do not experience this, so, network?  Also, have chat transcripts that cover in excess of hours where the latest had me turn my phone off for 15 minutes, they said they did something and I would never have the problem again, quote the tech "you will not have this problem again, don't worry "

Highlighted

I'm on it!

Highlighted

Thank you, would love for nothing more than it to just be resolved. 

Highlighted

I'm seeing both areas are within good coverage and though there is an outage in the New Orleans area it shouldn't be affecting you. Seeing as though you're the only one on the account having the issue it could be that the issue is with the device. Have you already visited one of our repair stores to have a technician check out the device? 

Highlighted

Was informed all stores were closed due to COVID, nowhere to physically go 

Highlighted

Alright, have you had a device refresh done at any point? 

Highlighted

if 3 other phones on your same account dont see this but only yours...then your device is the problem...if every one of them showed the same problems in the same places then yes it would point to the network.

if all cars driving down a specific road ride smoothly but yours bumps around like crazy...would it be the road or the car? same thing here.

@Nutria57 wrote:

I could give you the entire south east Louisiana from New Orleans to Slidell.  Doesnt matter where I am.  My home is 70445 and cross Street is Titus Smith Rd.  Currently in New Orleans 70117 cross street St. Claude.  Also, three other phones on my account do not experience this, so, network?  Also, have chat transcripts that cover in excess of hours where the latest had me turn my phone off for 15 minutes, they said they did something and I would never have the problem again, quote the tech "you will not have this problem again, don't worry "

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I do understand that the problem more than likely is my device, however there most certainly are times that the other three phones exhibits the same stuck on 3G issue but they seem to correct themselves automatically or much quicker.  And ironically when visiting my uncle who lives across the highway made a comment of how he now has to go outside his house to get a text message or data to flow.  He made the comment last Tuesday and was showing disgust and linked it to the merger.

Highlighted

Device refresh as in new hardware or something as in a setting or option to perform in the software?

Highlighted

It's to trigger the service itself.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat