Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous coverage St George Utah

Journeyman

Horrendous coverage St George Utah

I live in Ivins, Utah. I work in the neighboring city of St George. The greater suburban area has a connected population of 130,000. This is not a small town. My coverage has been consistently horrible since we switched to Sprint a few years ago. We have 4 people on our plan. All 4 immediately noticed the horrible coverage and speeds after switching from Verizon. There are several dead zones in suburban areas. If i'm inside any department store, I have to get on store wifi (not secure) to look up anything, as Sprint's service is virtually unusable inside structures. I've already gone through some troubleshooting on 2 of the phones with Sprint support over Twitter. If anything, it made the service worse. I'm currently inside a structure in downtown St George. My speedtest is 0.16 down, 61ms ping, 8ms jitter, and 0.73 up. I'm showing 4 bars LTE. This is obviously not LTE. My biggest issue is the lies. All support tells me that I should be getting better service; implying that it's a technical problem on my device. That would be astounding, as I know 5 other co-workers, also on Sprint, who also have horrible service. The real question is: When are you going to update these towers to offer exponentially larger bandwidth? The service can literally be designated as a practical joke.

Phones:

- Galaxy note 8

- Galaxy note 8

- OnePlus 7 Pro

- Apple Iphone 7 plus

See screenshots for reference: Pings at different times, several miles apart, all in the greater St George area. 

Screenshot_20200203-203941_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20200203-205053_Speedtest.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Employee

I know that having to go through multiple troubleshooting steps and not having any of them work can be a real pain, especially when you have more important things to be doing.
First, I'd like to start with checking your home coverage. Please confirm your nearest cross streets and ZIP.

It seems that your main issue is the data, are you having issues with calls and texts as well?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat