cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Horrible Service

Journeyman

Horrible Horrible Service

I've been with Sprint for ten years. I know the service has never been as good as Verizon and AT&T, but until now the lower cost has justified this. I started traveling more for work and have been running into HUGE issues, in major cities. I'm currently in Orlando and barely have any coverage and my coworkers are fine with Verizon, leaving me unable to navigate or talk. This is becoming a bigger and bigger issue and seems to be everywhere I go. I also have moved to Grand Rapids, MI where the service is horrible and have even reset my networks settings more than once at the urging of your technicians and still have issues. 

23 REPLIES 23
Sprint Social Care

Re: Horrible Horrible Service

Hi 09SARELEI. We understand that having service issues may be frustrating. Can you please specify if you are having issues with voice, data or text message? Is your software up to date?  

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

All - Voice, Data, GPS and text message. Yes, my software is up to date. 

Sprint Social Care

09SARELEI, I'd like to take a look into the area coverage, please provide me the nearest cross streets and ZIP code. Do you know of any other users who experience the same problem? Does this occur inside or outside buildings? Also, provide me the model of your device.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Like I said...This is while I'm traveling and when I'm at home, so it's across the country. I've been in Orlando, New York, Lexington KY and Grand Rapids Michigan lately. This happens inside and outside buildings but is worse indoors. I do know that everyone else on our plan has service issues, but it isn't as severe for them as they do not travel and don't require their phone to work at all times and can connect to WiFi. The Sprint service has been worse than any other carrier for years and now is leaps behind other carriers. I've had many coworkers and friends with Verizon that have coverage when I don't. Or at least their phone works when it has coverage bars, but mine still doesn't seem to get texts or data even when showing coverage. Restarting sometimes helps, but more likely than not, it doesn't. Doesn't seem like a 1% difference to me.

The last two days I've been in and around E

Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830. Today I did not have service the entire time I was in the building and for a half hour+ after I left. Even after restarting my phone I could not get GPS and my phone said I had all four bars of coverage, yet would not send texts or have service to allow me to get directions to the airport.

I also don't have service at these two addresses in Grand Rapids MI: Northridge Drive, NW, 
Walker, MI 49544 and Griswold St, SE, Grand Rapids MI 49507

I have an iphone 7.

I've put up with the subpar service for years and at this point, I would gladly leave if I wasn't locked into a lease and if it doesn't improve dramatically I will be gone as soon as it's up. 

Sprint Social Care

09SARELEI, in this case, I'd like to refresh your device from our system. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I agree, the price is why I came to sprint even though I knew i was going to have to wait for LTE in my area years past other carriers.  The further down the rabbit hole the more I am regretting my decision.  I am in my home network area where I have had few issues and the last 3 days it just keeps getting worse.  I wish there was a quick fix but I have't found anything, I have update all I could on my end and still unable to use my phone unless on wifi...

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint greater than 10 years and this past year the performance has dropped drastically.  I have an S8 and my wife has an Iphone and both barely ever connect or work anywhere we go.  Sprints LTE service comes and goes in parts of 48380 where I work and 48843 where I live.  We have tried every reset, gone into their stores, even lost service inside a store once and my work phone, not sprint, stayed connected.  Very disappointing and frustrated with the product, regardless of cost.

Wizard

Good afternoon. This would be very irritating. I checked the map and there's fair coverage in your area. You've reset network settings and updated the data profile correct?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I reset probably 1 time per week just hoping something will work.

Wizard

What about updating the data profile?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Ok, Just updated ##727863#, Updated PRL and Profile.  My Sprint phone shows 3G and my weather app is taking forever to load the radar.  My work phone, not sprint, shows 4G LTE and no data lag.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat