cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible data speeds

Journeyman

Horrible data speeds

I just switched to sprint and I am very disappointed by the speeds. I'm getting less than 1mb download and 1mb upload, so my data is literally useless because nothing will load. This happens all over the city.

zip code 32164, intersection E FL-100 and Belle Terre pkwy, phone: Galaxy S8+. 

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Horrible data speeds

Hey cjKNI! That's definitely not what you should be expecting, especially with a phone like the Galaxy S8+.  I don't see any network outages in that area, and your coverage in that area is listed from fair to excellent. How long have you had the service, and was the phone purchase from us or did you bring it with you when you switched?

Ask for a Sprint Magic Box (free) to improve data speeds at home. Make sure you get the order number otherwise they'll pretend you never ordered it. My data download speeds went from under 1 MBPS to 4 to 20 times higher...WHEN SPRINT ISN'T EXPERIENCING SOME OTHER PROBLEM THAT THEY KEEP A SECRET SUCH AS THEY'VE HAD THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS. The box helped me in zip code 34990. Put it in a window with the best reception per the display. It basically acts as a miniature cell phone tower. However, I also noticed a reduction in upload speed.

Journeyman

I've had it for about a month and yes I bought it from Sprint

Let's try to refresh the data profile on it and see if that helps.  Go into settings> system updates> update profile.

Let it run through that, then try Speedtest.net and send us a screen shot of your results.

Another suggestion is to get an app such as Network Cell Info Light to inform you where the towers are in your area. I found that my phone was bouncing from tower to tower since all were weak in and around home. Sprint claims better service than they actually have. And they're network performs like a yo-yo based on the speed maps I've done. Good luck.
Journeyman

I just got my magic box and it works great(hopefully it keeps working great so I can keep Sprint. Did about an hour of troubleshooting and they got it to me quick. Easy to set up but this is the first time my data speeds had been this quick.

@Hpilla94, That's good to hear. We're here if you need anything else. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat