cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot connection became slow and intermittent

Go to solution

Re: Hotspot connection became slow and intermittent

You can click on the last message, and press "reply" instead of new message. 

Journeyman

Katey88_Sprint,

When I click Reply to reply to your last pm, I get the same error message: "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Does Sprint Community have a presence on Facebook? Perhaps I can pm you there.
Steven Brown

Let me do some checking real fast. You should be able to reply, and it is weird you can't. 

We do have a a social media team for Facebook, but I can't promise that it would be me to speak to you to get the ticket needed done. 

Journeyman

After three days, I tried to send another pm to Katey88_Sprint, and again I get the message "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." Sprint is throwing up roadblocks. Here is the pm I tried to send:
I have not been contacted by anyone from Sprint about the problem with my Coolpad Surf hotspot, even though a repair ticket was created. The hotspot randomly drops the internet connection but stays connected to the network. The status in Windows goes to "No Internet, secured." The signal strength indicated in the web interface is 4 or 5 bars. I have to turn the hotspot off and back on again, and even then, it usually does not connect to the internet again unless I wait a while before trying. It almost seems like Sprint is limiting the duration of the internet connection or the amount of data.

Hi Steven, after reviewing your situation and your conversation with Katey, I see that she did create you a ticket on Tuesday 10/22. I am looking into that ticket right now to see what the status of the situation is and will get back to you here shortly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I fixed the problem by myself. Having successfully used hotspots on the Sprint network in the past, through FreedomPop and Ting, I suspected the problem might have something to do with the cellular frequency band the hotspot uses. Using the web interface to the Coolpad Surf, I found that three LTE bands are available: 25, 26, and 41, listed in order of priority. Bands can be enabled or disabled, and the priority for each band can be set to 1, 2, or 3. To edit those settings, it is necessary to enter the Master Subsidy Lock code for the device. I was able to obtain the MSL code from Sprint customer support. The LTE band settings can be edited in Mobile Network > Advanced > Data Profile. I tried enabling each of the three bands by itself, disabling the other two, and setting the enabled band to priority 1. What I found is that the dropped connection problem occurs on band 25, which had been set as the priority 1 band. Band 41 worked fine for two hours before dropping the internet connection. Band 26 appears to work like a charm, as the internet connection has now been continuous for three hours. I suspect the problem with band 25 is with the particular tower, not with the entire Sprint network. A sign of the problem with band 25 is that it takes a long time for Windows to establish an internet connection through it, whereas the connection is established almost immediately for band 26 or band 41. The signal strength for all three bands is 4 to 5 bars.
If the internet connection remains reliable through the weekend, I'll contact Sprint customer support on Monday and tell them they can cancel the trouble tickets.  

Wow, you pretty much know what you are doing. Please keep us updated if you have anymore issues.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat