cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I requested my iPhone to be unlocked for international travel on 11/24/2018 after 7 days still not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I requested my iPhone to be unlocked for international travel on 11/24/2018 after 7 days still not.

88DAB1C9-2A86-4C6E-BDF8-A89C94939E78.png

I called Sprint on 11/23 to unlock my iPhone 8, agent proceeded to tell me it will be unlocked in 24-72 hours. I’ve been stuck in an island on Thailand unable to get around (need data for Uber). I tried calling every single day for 7 days and each agent just tells me that the phone will be unlocked today. Call back the next day and it’s another agent telling me it will be unlocked today. Unfortunately been stuck at the hotel without means to get around. I was very happy with my Sprint service for many years 10+ but this time I have been very disappointed. Shame on Sprint.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: I requested my iPhone to be unlocked for international travel on 11/24/2018 after 7 days still n

Just wanted to update everyone, I called Sprint another 2 times and spoke to 2 more agents. it’s been another 24 hours and this issue is still not resolved. I will keep everyone updated.
Thanks, Henry

Re: I requested my iPhone to be unlocked for international travel on 11/24/2018 after 7 days still n

Hi Henry, I'd be glad to look into this for you.  For the unlock signal to go through while outside of the US, you will need to have the Sprint SIM card in the phone and connected to WiFi. Please send me a Private Message so I can access your account to send that refresh signal to you when you're able to get that Sprint SIM loaded and connected to WiFi.

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat