Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want LTE back

Journeyman

I want LTE back

Ever since 5G has become available, my S20 has been buffering playing YouTube. With the LTE, I could max out the resolution and have hardly any issues. 5G on the other hand it constantly buffers, even at lower resolutions , say 360p or even 144p. Ive made sure my PRL is up to date, Ive cleared my Davlik cache. This doesnt happen in just one address, this is in most areas that I drive in my day within Frederick County MD.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Hi there, just for conformation is the device up to date? 

S.R
GrandMaster

go into your settings and change your mobile data from automatic to 4G (LTE) /CDMA and then retest how your phone is working. in some areas 5G is up however still being upgraded so the speeds are just not there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So, its been over a month and i still have to put my S20+ into LTE only mode to watch videos, i can easily stream 1080p vids on YouTube in LTE, when I go back to 5G it buffers even at 144p, even with 4-5   5g bars. These areas are in the 21701, 21702, 21703 especially. Ive updated PRL, phone is up to date, Ive even booted into recovery mode and cleared the cache.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat