cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call Issues with New Samsung Galaxy S10

Journeyman

Incoming call Issues with New Samsung Galaxy S10

Hello All,

I pre-ordered my Unlocked S10 and finally received by phone late last week, now since the activation which was a flyby, I am not receiving the calls or my phone does not ring at all.

When I tested it with sprint Rep over the call or over chat, they told me to do numerous resets, reactivations and many profile and PRL updates, but nothing works, they all work for first 10 mins and then back to normal.

Here is situation

1. Outgoing calls are good

2. Incoming text and outgoing text are good

3. Incoming calls never ring.

4. Incoming calls only works for first 10 mins after the resets or PRL updates.

5. LTE Data is good but not fast.

6. Incoming calls works flawlessly when VoLTE switched on.

So what else I have tried apart from the resets and updates

1. I have applied the latest updates which was released on 3/8

2. I have wipe clean the cache partition

3. I had a chat with the sprint rep, he did the three refreshes and still no luck, works for first 10 mins and then back to normal not working

4. During this time the LTE speeds are 0.8Mbps d/l and 0.23 Mbps u/l

But incoming calls are still not coming, to receive calls I have to switch on VoLTE. My Galaxy S8 was working perfectly fine.

Any help in this regards will be helpful, what are my options.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Incoming call Issues with New Samsung Galaxy S10

There are some known issues with this phone that are being worked out right now. Samsung will be rolling out new updates to fix these issues ASAP. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, the only reason I am wondering is is it a software issue or hardware, i was thinking to return the phone and go back to my S8 which at least worked flawlessly for these many years.

I still have 5 more days before  i have to return the trade in my s8.

It''s a software issue. That's your call if you want to switch back, but this is fairly common when a completely new phone rolls out. There are typically some kinks to work out. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply again. No I am not WiFI. But this is driving me buts, few places at my works this does not get good LTE connection and i have lot of issues with the voice incoming calls as it never rings. Frustration is at the peak now. Not sure how long we have to wait for this fix.

Unfortunately you are not alone in this frustration and it sounds like you've done just about everything you can possibly do short of swapping the phone out towards a new device. I can tell you that both Sprint and Samsung are aware of the issue and are actively looking into it and working towards a resolution, but we don't have an ETA at this time. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat