Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Time

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Incorrect Time

The time on my phone is regularly 5 hours ahead. This problem seems to happen most often if I go in my basement but it was also happened at other locations. It is easy to reset it to the correct time but this sjshounot be happening every day.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Incorrect Time

Hey Podina. What kind of phone do you have? Does this seem to happen when you go into areas with low/no service?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I have an LG K30. It probably is related to poor coverage but a 5 hr jump?
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

If you change the auto-time zone feature to off, does it still switch/update the time for you in those areas? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

It does prevent the time change but that is not a solution. I travel regularly and I want the time to auto update to the current time. Temporary loss of connection to a cell tower should leave the time alone, not change it by 5 hours.

GrandMaster

when you go into the basement is your phone switching to roaming? and if so that is when you are seeing the time change? and if so once you go back upstairs and back to regular reception does the time change back to correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

What kind of phone is it?  Androids and feature phones get their time from the local tower.  iPhones get their time for the LTE Core switch.  If it is happening at one specific location with a 5 mile or so radius, could be the time on the tower/core is incorrect.  We can submit a ticket to have it check/corrected, even if you are roaming.

@Podina wrote:

It does prevent the time change but that is not a solution. I travel regularly and I want the time to auto update to the current time. Temporary loss of connection to a cell tower should leave the time alone, not change it by 5 hours.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat