cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect network-based location at Ballston metro station

Highlighted
Journeyman

Incorrect network-based location at Ballston metro station

In the underground subway station, Ballston-MU metro station in Arlington, VA, the location according to the network shows that I'm at the East-Falls Church metro station which is incorrect. This can be dangerous if someone calls 911 from that station and it reporting the caller at the wrong station.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Incorrect network-based location at Ballston metro station

Which phone are you on? Have you had this issue anywhere else?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I'm using a Pixel 2 XL. This is the only metro station that I visit that I have this problem. I'm not sure about the other stations.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy darkwish. I can see that this could be a big safety issue. I've seen a similar situation with my own phone. This could happen due to the phone not connecting to the tower in the new area your at. Have you tried resetting the network setting? I've found that worked in my situation. 

To complete this on your device, please follow the steps below: 

Navigate: Settings > System > Advanced.
1. Tap Reset options .
2. Choose from the following: Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Reset app preferences. Erase all data (factory reset)
3. Tap Reset settings. If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
4. Tap Reset settings to confirm.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat