cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is true as Sprint users we are screwed after merger.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is true as Sprint users we are screwed after merger.

I can not use my phone as intended for the last two month. Where ever I had 4G LTE now I get 3G and no data. I used to get 4G LTE in my house but not anymore. Constant errors like "data tethering error" , lost data connection, dropped calls, text messages can not be sent and forget about photos I do not even try anymore. Calling tech support is no help. They reset everything they can and it does not help. I was told that they are working on tower in my area so I just have to wait. It was a month ago. As i see on this forum many people have the same problem. Sprint used to be good for me but now it is a lost cause. 

Galaxy note 10 plus

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the data tethering, dropped calls, resetting not helping and all

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i doubt the merger has anything to do with it. there could be tower upgrades/work being done due to the merger possibly (swapping things around or upgrading things that still needed to be upgraded..

i have had zero issues after the merger and i flip flop between Sprint and TMO often.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

For the most part, service should be the status quo.  You will see changes if you have one of the 5 new 5G devices, S20 and up because they are steered to TMo 5G.  Also, some customers were put on TNA which puts them on TMo.  However, if you have a tower problem, then that would be the issue and not the merger.  I don't mind checking, PM me your phone number and problem address.

Highlighted

I will have to call BS on your comment. I just drove by the place where I always had 4G full bars. It is next to cellular antenna next to Monksville reservoir on Greenwood Lake turnpike in west Milford NJ. I used to hike there all the time. The last time I was there probably end of May and it was fine as I was listening to the radio on my phone. So explain to me how come I had 3G signal there today?

Highlighted
Journeyman

exact location of antenna.
Dropped pin

Near Passaic County 704, Hewitt, NJ 07421

https://goo.gl/maps/9vN4bdQV3rawUoia6

Highlighted

Got it. What's the make and model of your device and do you have the latest software version? Let's go through some simple steps to fix this. 

Highlighted

Galaxy note 10+. I called customer support and they did reset everything they could. It did not help. 

Highlighted

Okay. Did you reset your network settings by dialing ##SCRTN# (##72786#) and restarting your phone? How about the software update and do you have VoLTE enabled? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a widespread problem.  I have the exact same problems on ALL of our phones.  I even bought a new GS-20 and it has the same problem.  T Mobile reconfigured the towers to drop BAND 41 ( 2.5 GHz ) which is why we no longer get reliable 4G LTE Service.  Our problems started here 3-4 weeks ago.

A local Sprint employee told me they are working on the towers in this area and LOTs of people are having this problem in our area.

Highlighted

That sounds like a better explanation. They have to fix it soon or I personally will have no choice and will have to switch to Verizon.

Highlighted

I did reset yesterday and phone could not connect to network to complete setup. I had to drive to place with better connection before it worked. All software is up to date and VoLTE is enabled.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat