cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is true as Sprint users we are screwed after merger.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is true as Sprint users we are screwed after merger.

I can not use my phone as intended for the last two month. Where ever I had 4G LTE now I get 3G and no data. I used to get 4G LTE in my house but not anymore. Constant errors like "data tethering error" , lost data connection, dropped calls, text messages can not be sent and forget about photos I do not even try anymore. Calling tech support is no help. They reset everything they can and it does not help. I was told that they are working on tower in my area so I just have to wait. It was a month ago. As i see on this forum many people have the same problem. Sprint used to be good for me but now it is a lost cause. 

Galaxy note 10 plus

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted

Great post. I have now turned off LTE roaming as well to see if I get better data speeds. What signal check app do you use?

Highlighted

I use SignalCheck Pro, but I have a couple installed that provide slightly different info. I paid for the Pro version of the app when I was helping S4GRU site identify sites where LTE was coming online a number of years back. 

SignalCheck gives you the "Provider" as a data point. Some of the others give you an Operator Name or just the numbers (310120 is Sprint I believe)

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG....I've been on here allll day at work dealing with someone. I've been going thru the same thing since July. I've callled soooooooo many times and I went into a store twice. I will have to admit the Tech guy in the store told me the truth and said that it's because of the merger and that the towers are in the process of switching over. Everyone on the phone continues to want to say it's the sim card. Sprint has been my only carrier and I want to leave them so bad because I have missed EMERGENCY phone calls dealing with this but I just got my phone in April so unless I shell out $ I'm stuck. 

Highlighted

My phone won't allow me to turn the VOLTE off....not sure why. I remember one of the many people I talked to on the phone told me to turn it on and it would solve my problems. Now I can't turn it off

Highlighted

They should have never made any changes to the devices until after all the tower changes are complete. I really don't know what they were thinking. And any changes or updates pushed down from customer care or any amount of resetting of network settings and restarting the device only brings temporary (if that) reprieve from the problem. It just comes back within an hour or two or the next restart of the device. 

The LTE Roaming toggle off fixes the data side and does appear to restore VoLTE ... I don't think I'm having call issues whether on TMO towers or SPR ... but I'm not looking forward to if/when they turn off the Sprint towers near me because my data and hotspot will be useless. 

Highlighted

Oh VoLTE is different and mine is greyed out and forced on as well. But LTE Roaming is in the ##DATA# menu and is a similar toggle on or off. I tried it on a hail mary attempt when I saw it suggested on a different site. It does appear to fix the data issues I was having. I don't know if it would have a similar impact to voice/text service, but I suppose combined with VoLTE being forced on, it could have an impact. 

I think they may have forced it on because of the issues that caused them to have folks turn it on in the first place. Not a solution but a "Band-Aid(r)" while they work on a fix to whatever problem they created. 

Highlighted

ditto...but it was more for this side of things and reporting once they started lighting it up around my main areas i travel.

@StyxPhoenix wrote:

I use SignalCheck Pro, but I have a couple installed that provide slightly different info. I paid for the Pro version of the app when I was helping S4GRU site identify sites where LTE was coming online a number of years back. 

SignalCheck gives you the "Provider" as a data point. Some of the others give you an Operator Name or just the numbers (310120 is Sprint I believe)

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

posted today

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/Samsung-Devices-Loss-of-VoLTE-and-or-5G/ta-p/108405...

@t_wilson01 wrote:

For the past two weeks I had VoLTE on because that was the only way that my phone had usable service. Turning it off made the phone unusable as a phone and was even affecting my WiFi connections. 

This is why I'm testing it with VoLTE turned off. It's still functioning normally.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Please stop posting replies that are not related to the *edit* original *edit* problems reported. VoLTE has nothing to do with the *edit* majority *edit* problems discussed throughout this thread. I appreciate your ambition to reply to everything to get your post numbers up, but when they aren't related ... it's just noise. Thanks. And for the record, many of us have VoLTE forced on or off, greyed out so we can't change it if we wanted to and airplane mode toggling doesn't fix nor change that, nor does resetting the network settings as also previously suggested. If it does, it is very temporary.

The real issue is they are trying to force Sprint devices over to T-Mobile towers a) that are significantly lower quality than the Sprint towers our devices were already connecting to and b) before the T-Mobile towers and infrastructure is actually ready. 

They should never have started forcing T-Mobile towers as preferred until all this was worked out. It's going to result in lost customers ... many of which have been with Sprint for 15-20 years and stayed through the growing pains Sprint had with Vision, 4G and then LTE. This move by T-Mobile after our data speeds and voice/text connectivity were far superior to other carriers (at least in my area) is a huge mistake. And Sprint customer care is not to blame, nor can they truly do anything about it. Their hands are tied until the T-Mobile engineers get their heads out of their ********* and actually take accountability for the 💩service they are providing to Sprint customers now.  Even T-Mobile subscribers I know have been complaining of 💩service since about February/March timeframe. At least when SoftBank owned Sprint, they made significant investments into the service. T-Mobile is effectively running Sprint subscribers into the ground as well as their own. 

Highlighted

This is not the case because I have the same phone (Samsung S10) for my work phone but it's thru Verizon. No issues whatsoever. 

Highlighted

Unfortunately, while true to some degree that the S10 device is the S10 device, each carrier adds/removes and tweaks the firmware and security updates that Samsung pushes out. Additionally, both Samsung AND the carrier add/remove items and sometimes entire features from the stock Android OS. This also has very bad consequences as some changes adversely affect an otherwise solid device. It is done on other manufacturer devices, too, so can't even get away from it with a different brand of phone. Even Apple devices are tinkered with by the carriers.

Whatever updates have been pushed to Sprint devices have completely screwed up service in many ways, starting with the devices preferring T-Mobile towers now instead of Sprint towers -- even if the Sprint towers are stronger signal, better quality data. Everything else trickles downhill from that change ... the proof is when I turned off LTE Roaming and my S10s go back to the Sprint towers. That's not without its inconveniences, too, but my data and overall service improved. Texts work, but group texts arrive outside the group text until downloaded ... likely because they are being held there because my phone thinks it is roaming on Sprint towers now. I can use the T-Mobile towers, but the overall signal and data speeds are terrible. 

We are stuck simply waiting it out because Sprint's hands are tied and they can't help and can only try and suggest "fixes" that have worked for other service issues. Unless they can rollback a PRL update or other update that seemingly made Sprint towers disappear from being seen by our phones, they are just as helpless as we are. 

Highlighted

I have done this several times with no success. I just tried it again, and my phone got stuck, and will not reset now. When calling the phone, it doesn't ring and my voice mail comes on. When I tried to call out, I got an message saying my phone wasn't activated. 

I did the reset again and it worked.....but it did nothing to my service.  I was told by a Representative on the phone that there were "known issues" with the Samsung Galaxy S10, but funny I have the same phone for my work phone...we have Verizon and have NO issues.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat