Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Advanced won't be available for iPhone XS

Go to solution
Journeyman

LTE Advanced won't be available for iPhone XS

https://newsroom.sprint.com/quarterly-network-update.htm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2018/11/06/sprint-ups-mobile-hotspot-limits-50-gb-launches-faste...

I was excited to read those articles in hopes of getting better cellular speed.  I called Sprint tech support and two people (one was a supervisor) told me that my new iPhone XS Max did not have the radio/hardware to get LTE Advanced.  I was shocked since the iPhone XS was just released 2 months ago.   Is this true?

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: LTE Advanced won't be available for iPhone XS

Sounds like IPhone XS is supported. Can someone confirm? Also is there a list of cities that have LTE Advanced?
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/sprint-launches-faster-4g-lte-ups-hotspot-data-allotment-110618...
“Sprint says most of the latest “flagship” devices it sells -- including Apple's iPhone XS and XS Max; Samsung's Galaxy S9, S9 and Note 9 and LG's V30+, G7 ThinQ and V40 ThinQ -- are compatible with the faster network, which offers customers speeds up to twice as fast as before.”
Community Manager

For the present, LTE-Advanced isn't enabled on any Apple devices but we anticipate that it will in the future. I don't have a date to provide for that to happen but when it does, we will also have a list of the models which can support it to share with you. I can't promise but it's my understanding that most newer phones will be capable. I can't say for sure yes, but it seems more likely that no, given how new the model is.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

It would be nice to put our name on a list with our email or phone number to be notified when LTE ADVANCED is available for IOS devices.

Please let me know how we can do this so I do not have to keep checking or missing it entirely.

Wizard

There's not a list like that. Keep your eye on the newsroom for updates. Sprint.com/Newsroom

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
GrandMaster

not sure why you would have to keep checking since it would come across to your phone as a update from Apple....just as any other update is pushed to it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Any news about LTE Advance capability on Sprint iPhone XS ?  When can we expect it?

I have noticed VOLTE has been implemented in a few places I have traveled and seems to be working pretty well.

Especially since Sprint advertised it during the Super Bowl today !!!!!!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

It should be rolling out very soon!

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Any updates as to when iPhone XS will be able to use the LTE Advanced network ?

Thanks

Howdy ssoss8. I haven't seen anything yet. But if you would like, you may sign up for our newsletter http://Sprint.com/Newsroom    This way you will be up to date on all the latest info coming from Sprint. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Any news ?   This is ridiculous that we have to wait this long for a feature that every other carrier has already implemented.  Please advise

The updates will be posted to the Newsroom, when more information is available. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat