cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE/data loss after Android Pie update in Seattle on Pixel 2

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE/data loss after Android Pie update in Seattle on Pixel 2

In downtown Seattle, ever since upgrading to Android Pie last month, my Pixel 2 has been having problems maintaining data. Every so often my LTE connection drops and results in no data. Sometimes it connects to 3G, sometimes back to LTE, sometimes back to data loss, sometimes tries to reconnect. It all seems pretty random.

Resetting network options, toggling data, turning Airplane mode on/off, restarting phone, changing Preferred network types to LTE/Global, System select to Home/Automatic, Updating PRL, Update device config... NONE of it fixes my issue that results in data drops. I read other forums with users with the same problem taking it to Sprint stores that just resulted in no solutions.

This only happened AFTER Android Pie on the Pixel 2. This did NOT happen on Android Oreo. It worked nicely before and I miss that.. Google's new Android update has something to do with this.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: LTE/data loss after Android Pie update in Seattle on Pixel 2

your best bet would be to follow the Google forums and see what all they are saying to try or not try. Sprint has zero to do with any of their updates..those come direct from Google.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

"Sprint has zero to do with any of their updates..those come direct from Google"

Most of the reports I tried to find always mentioned Seattle specifically. So I think Sprint needs to check their network setup in Seattle to accept Pixel 2s that has upgraded to Pie.

GrandMaster

the network is not adjusted to each update that comes out..the network is the network..it does not change. a update however CAN adjust how a phone reads said network...which means Google will need to kick out a fix for whatever they might have bloopered.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I called Google and they said to contact Sprint.

Ugh, go figure.
GrandMaster

sounds about right lol. but figure it like this..if they had to adjust the already working network to work with one device after an update that just screwed over every other device that is already working just fine on that same network. makes zero sense..the update itself made some weird changes and needs re adjusted to work how it was previously..to be honest im not seeing any other reports of this in here so far aside from this one..you might want to back up the phone and reset it..something might not have loaded correctly with the update..you can try a cache/partition wipe on the phone first before going full out and performing a factory reset in case that fixes it.

GrandMaster

for the Google/Pixel/Nexus devices this is where you go on the site here.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Google/bd-p/22346

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat