cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE full bars with no connection

Journeyman

LTE full bars with no connection

Switched from AT&T and haven’t had one single positive experience with sprint. Connection and data speeds have never been acceptable compared with other cell phone companies. Customer service has been a joke. I have called several times, visited several store locations, used the tech support app and everybody either says straight up “I don’t know” or tells me to go to the website.  I travel for work and I haven’t found an area anywhere on the west coast that my phone works properly. My connection will show full LTE bars but I can’t send a simple text message or check my email. The only time mynphone works halfway decent is when connected to WiFi, what is the point of having a cell phone if I’m tethered to a WiFi location in order to have service? 

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: LTE full bars with no connection

mind giving the agents a bit more info to work with? like what phone do you have? what have you tried so far to troubleshoot? general locations? zip code and close by cross streets so they can look at specific towers and work their way out from there? is this a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

iPhone X purchased through sprint. I have called sprint tech support and they did a reset from their end, I’ve done the PRL and data profile update about a hundred times. This is an issue that has persisted in all locations around the Pacific Northwest since I travel for work but my home zip code is 83686 and the nearest cross streets are E greenhurst and 12th st

GrandMaster

any other Sprint phones around you in the same areas? and if so how are they holding up?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My wife has the same phone on the same plan with sprint and she has the same issues. 

GrandMaster

what were needing is a different type of phone on a different account..to rule out the type of device and the account itself.

Journeyman

My mother in law lives about 10 miles away and has sprint and doesn’t seem to have the same issues... she’s been with sprint for about ten years, so maybe she just doesn’t know any different. She is on an iPhone 7.

GrandMaster

random visit time lol. main thing needing to be looked at are speeds..if anything download on both devices the speedtest.net app and then do a speed test on both with wifi turned off...same location next to each other. any possibility there is an Apple store semi near you?

dont go by bars..theyre a bit misleading at times.

GrandMaster

forgot to mention that if you are sending a regular text..meaning not an Imessage..or pic mail/group texts then that is sent using voice packets..so technically if there is a data issue the voice side shouldnt be affected.

what all areas are you running into issues in here on the West coast?

Wizard

Not having data is the worst! Fireguy is on the right track. I dug deeper and it looks like you could benefit from our Magic Box at home. Check it out here! https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phones-Devices/SOLUTION-Magic-Box-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/97.... I know that's not going to help while traveling. Just be aware of the coverage map for where you will be.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat